I am not sure if the MSM saw the same speech that I watched……
Yesterday Hillary made what was billed as a foreign policy and national security speech…..and after the press was fawning all over her…..calling it brilliant (Andrea Mitchell), timely (CNN), and the accolades went on and on….I sat there listening and then reading the transcript and still have not found where it was either brilliant or timely……but I am not on the payroll of some corporation so my analysis is probably more accurate.
Everybody knows that my field of interest is foreign policy and international relations….so when this was billed as a speech on foreign policy I looked forward to her laying out her plans in the arena of foreign policy….and as usual I was disappointed…..
Hillary Clinton may not have locked down the Democratic nomination just yet, but she will use what aides are billing as a major speech on Thursday to go after Donald Trump, not Bernie Sanders. The speech in San Diego, less than a week before the California primary, will be all about foreign policy—and why she thinks Trump as president would make the world a far more dangerous place, reports NBC News. Specifically, she’ll hit him on topics including his support for Japan, Saudi Arabia, and South Korea acquiring nukes; his disdain of NATO; his advocacy of torture against suspected terrorists, along with going after their families; and his support of a ban on Muslims coming to the US, reports the New York Times. Though Clinton has hit upon this same theme on the campaign trail, this will be her first big foreign policy speech since Trump became the presumptive nominee.
She “will go into specifics in a very direct and clear way about what makes Donald Trump unfit, both in terms of temperament and ideas,” says adviser Jake Sullivan, per the AP. “This is as full-throated and full-bodied a case as you will have seen from anyone on the danger that Donald Trump poses.”
There is NOTHING in this speech that speaks to her plans….nope she went straight to a political speech dissing Trump…..trashing Trump is NOT a policy speech…I mean anybody can carry that task out without much thought.
- “Donald Trump’s ideas aren’t just different, they’re dangerously incoherent. They’re not even really ideas, just a series of bizarre rants, personal feuds, and outright lies.”
- “Making Donald Trump our commander-in-chief would be a historic mistake.”
- “He is not just unprepared, he is temperamentally unfit to hold an office that requires knowledge, stability, and immense responsibility.”
- “He should not have the nuclear codes because it’s very easy to imagine Donald Trump leading us into a war just because someone got under his very thin skin.”
- “There’s no risk of people losing their lives if you blow up a golf course deal, but it doesn’t work like that in world affairs. … The stakes in global statecraft are infinitely higher and more complex than in the world of luxury hotels.”
Really? There is NOTHING new in all this….most of us know that Trump is a bit light on foreign policy…..
If my reader would like to check my facts then please do so…..
Source: Read Hillary Clinton’s Speech on Donald Trump and National Security | TIME
The pundits are mistaken…….There was absolutely NOTHING brilliant or timely about this speech….it was a typical political speech…..a long winded piece of crap.
If I am hard pressed to describe her speech with one word….then that word will be…..YAWN!