Since the Summer I have watched Donald Trump rise in the ranks as a “viable” GOP candidate…..many have found this sort of an enigma because he was written off by many pundits as nothing more than a “joke-ster”…….boy did they blow that analysis!
But if these same pundits had been on the street talking with people or even listening to them they would have quickly realized that the American people, from both sides of the spectrum, are fed up with the antics and the games being played by our elected representatives…
After much has been written about the phenom that is Trump….most still struggle with an adequate reason why he is doing so well in the polls as well as in the voting…..
While the US pundits struggle some of the rest of the world has been more accurate in their analyses on the Trump phenom…..maybe because they do not work under the same news filter as the American MSM…..
I have found some really excellent op-eds on this situation in an unlikely place…..AJE…..
………when I was in the United States, I asked a number of senior Republican Party figures about the possibility of Donald Trump winning the presidential nomination. All laughed out loud. It simply won’t happen, they told me. The Republican Party machine would take care of him.
I doubt if they are laughing now. On “Super Tuesday” this week Trump won seven out of eleven states. The likelihood of Trump challenging for the White House seems less of a joke by the week.
Source: Politics of disillusionment and the rise of Trump – Al Jazeera English
While I was researching this situation I ran across another op-ed that helps explain this turn of events….
Many American pundits try to explain it a way with all sorts of lame and purely speculative answers……but the truth is much simpler and not as biased as the MSM here in this country….
These same toads are also amazed at the rise of the Dems candidate Bernie Sanders and they have struggled with his successes also…..but that also can explain what these people keep missing…..what chaps their butts is that even without the proper reporting by the MSM Bernie keeps winning….that part I like!
Source: US elections: It’s the system, stupid – Al Jazeera English
I think it is an accurate analysis….disillusionment is the one cause that many have been overlooking for the past 6 months…..the problem is that feeling by the American voter could be disastrous for the country in the long run…..
Trying to create a buzz for the media some of Trump detractors are claiming that he will soon peak and they are throwing money at their prediction…..
Ted Cruz’s relatively strong performance in Saturday’s GOP contests has raised a host of questions about the Republican race going forward, much of them centering on Donald Trump. Some highlights:
- The New York Times details how anti-Trump groups are pouring millions into TV ads in key states amid “nascent signs that he may be peaking with voters.”
- NBC News lays out why Trump’s lead of 87 delegates is weaker than it appears.
- A post at Hot Air explains that a closer look at Saturday’s results shows that Trump didn’t under-perform at all; the key is that Cruz surged largely at the expense of Marco Rubio.
- One thing for sure: Trump is scrambling an Electoral College map that has been stable over the past four presidential elections. Politico digs in.
- On a similar note, the AP says that if Trump is the nominee, his path to a general election win “would be a GOP map unlike any in recent years.” Think working class, white voters in traditionally blue states.
- Cruz says multiple media outlets have told him they’ve got big exposés ready on Trump, but don’t plan to run them until June or July, reports Talking Points Memo.
- In the arena of Trump rivals, a Cruz super PAC is going after Rubio aggressively in the senator’s home state of Florida, hoping to secure a potentially campaign-crippling defeat, reports Politico.
Why not? The media create the Clinton front runner status….why not try to make Trump a loser and spend, spend, spend on the candidacy of Ted Cruz?
Personally, I think Trump can weather the barrage from the opponents….but if the media joins the pile on then he may have a hard uphill battle….but then it all depends on how gullible the American voter chooses to be.