A typical week for our Little Donny….chest thumping, excuses and delusion….and those that worship him.
I do know if this is the biggest story of the last week but it is just another example of the lack of mental processes needed to deal with the international situation….
President Trump on Monday threatened to “bomb the shit” out of Oman over the Gulf state’s talks with Iran on the Strait of Hormuz, despite US officials previously backing Muscat’s efforts to reach a deal with Tehran.
Fox News reporter Trey Yingst said he asked the president about the talks between Oman and Iran, and Trump replied, ” If Oman gets in the way, we’ll bomb the shit out of them.”
Back in May, Trump threatened to “blow up” Oman if the country reached a deal with Iran that would involve joint control with Iran of the Strait of Hormuz, which Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent followed with a threat to “aggressively” target Muscat with sanctions if it was involved in a tolling system for the strait.
(antiwar.com)
What a douche bag.
One of the best pieces of crap is his threat to deport an American citizen….it said because DeNiro called Donny an idiot the boss wants him punished and deportation came to his small insufficient mind.
Donald Trump has threatened to deport one A-list star from the United States after they slammed the President’s administration.
The president has faced criticism from a number of stars during his first and second term in office, and he issued a warning to one particular actor earlier this year.
Earlier this year, actor Robert De Niro, 83, spoke out against the president, branding him “an idiot”.
He said during an appearance on Nicolle Wallace’s The Best People podcast: “We gotta get rid of him. He’s gonna ruin the country. I don’t want everybody going around with their MAGA, the American flags, like they’re the only ones. We are Americans too.”
https://vt.co/news/us/trump-threatens-deport-hollywood-legend
How do you go about deporting an American citizen?
His claim of vandals at the Pool fell short now he wants vandals again this time it is grass….
President Trump on Sunday said vandals are to blame for large swaths of dead grass on the National Mall near the World War II Memorial—in the same spot where Trump had a stage built and hosted crowds for his July 4 celebration, the AP reports. Trump made the accusation in a social media post without saying why he believes it’s the work of vandals instead of trampled turf from the Independence Day festivities. He posted a photo showing a once-grassy area by the World War II Memorial, now patchy and brown across much of the sprawling turf.
“Look what VANDALS did to the grass connecting the vandalized World War II Monument and the vandalized Reflecting Pool, which will be opened again, and better than ever, shortly,” Trump said on his Truth Social platform. “Anybody who thinks the Reflecting Pool wasn’t vandalized should go back to Law School!” he added.
Authorities on Friday announced an arrest in connection with vandalism at the World War II Memorial, after the words “Clean hands dirty $” were found painted on the monument and bubbles filled a fountain. US Attorney Jeanine Pirro said felony charges are being brought against Melissa L. Farris. Charging documents in that case make no mention of the grassy area Trump is highlighting in his new claims. Authorities said Farris had previously been arrested for camping on federal property a few blocks from the World War II Memorial, but not the area cited by Trump.
That stretch of lawn is instead where a large stage was built and crowds gathered to hear from Trump and watch fireworks at a July 4 event celebrating the nation’s 250th anniversary. Trump claimed without providing evidence that more than 400,000 people attended the event before a storm hit the area and delayed his remarks. Photos from the time, taken by a streaming webcam atop the Washington Monument, show a large bandstand and seating areas covering nearly the entire lawn Trump now says has been vandalized. Associated Press photos from the days that followed showed workers removing the structures, revealing brown, damaged grass underneath.
What? No accusations against antifa? He must be slipping.
The report that is getting a lot of legs is that of the USS Lincoln…..all the negative reports and Donny says everything is fine….
President Trump said Monday that, despite claims by families of crew members and other reporting to the contrary, he’s been assured by a retired admiral he wouldn’t name that all is well on the USS Abraham Lincoln. Although the aircraft carrier has set the record for uninterrupted time at sea with more than 240 days, per the AP, Trump said his confidant told him he had been deployed on ships “much longer than that.” He added that the admiral said, “And I know people on the Lincoln, they say it’s beautifully maintained and beautifully taken care of.” The president also told reporters in the Oval Office that “other people went out and they found out that to be true,” the Guardian reports.
The problem isn’t the conditions on the Lincoln or the length of its deployment, Trump said: “It was fake news reporting from CNN.” He emphasized the point by repeatedly insisting that a CNN reporter trying to ask questions “be quiet.”
In case you have not been following this story these are a few of the alleged problems….There have been widespread reports of shortages of basic supplies, water contamination, plumbing issues, deteriorating mental health, deck safety concerns, and disruptions in the mail system….
Remember that gaudy ballroom? The courts have told him , for now, to cease operations……(a little late the damage was already done)….but true to Donny’s character the work goes on…..
President Trump is pushing for construction of a White House ballroom to go so fast that his lawyers is moving so fast that his own team is telling the Supreme Court it’s essentially past the point of no return. The administration said in a court filing that 250 workers are on the site 20 hours a day, seven days a week, in an effort to complete construction, the New York Times reports. The National Trust for Historic Preservation, which maintains the project can’t be built without congressional approval, criticized that strategy in a filing of its own on Tuesday, per the Washington Post, saying that, “Rather than obtain permission from Congress, Petitioners have instead decided to try to outrun judicial review.”
That pace is central to the legal fight. Trump’s lawyers counter that the ballroom is inseparable from a hardened, top-secret security facility beneath it and therefore falls under his national security authority. The Supreme Court, which has both backed and checked Trump in past power struggles, is expected to act before a lower-court order halting aboveground work is due to kick in on Friday.
When the war with Iran is over (if ever) Donny has a map to share….
President Trump isn’t easing off his annexation talk. The Hill reports that early Tuesday he posted an image on Truth Social showing a map of a portion of the Middle East with a large circle around the Strait of Hormuz; the map’s header reads “New U.S. Territory.” ABC News notes the map was “presented without additional comment.” The former president voiced the idea on Friday, saying, “After we finish defeating Iran … I’ll be declaring the Hormuz strait a territory of the United States.” Reporters who questioned him about it on Monday got this answer: “We control it with the blockade, and I like the idea of declaring it a territory.” Iran has dismissed Trump’s comments as “fanciful delusions.”
If that is the case is America empire building?
You have heard the Repubs always going on about ‘fake news’ right? Then you will like this one…..
Ever heard of the Peach State Post? No? What about the Alaska Navigator? Not even The Ohio Pulse, Ohio’s “number one news source”?
You’d be forgiven, because all these outlets are as phony as a three-dollar bill. Why do they exist? To sway votes in key swing states, of course!
Despite Tr*mp’s constant categorization of anything he doesn’t like as “fake news,” Republicans sure are committed to pumping out the stuff if it can help stop the inevitable midterm bloodletting. Thankfully, an explosive report from Judd Legum may have just dashed those hopes for good.
Looking into a network of seemingly independent news sources in key battleground states, Legum uncovered a common thread: sites like Iowa Voice and Maine Policy Updates might seem like places you can turn to for, you know, actual policy updates. But when you start reading some of the (almost certainly AI-generated) articles, something doesn’t quite add up. Especially when you scroll to the bottom of the Peach State Post and read the fine print: “a sample publication for demonstration purposes.”
Like I say if they accuse others of something it usually means they are actually doing it.
This is from our new AG….and he is an idiot….
Newly sworn-in Attorney General Todd Blanche has launched a new initiative to give convicted felons back their right to own guns.
The Department of Justice announced Monday that people whose felony convictions automatically barred them from owning weapons can now apply to have their right to bear arms reinstated. The DOJ predicted that 330,000 felons will apply.
In a statement, Blanche said, “the Second Amendment is not a second-class right, and the federal government should not permanently deprive Americans of a constitutional right without regard to whether they pose a danger to public safety.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/politics/articles/todd-blanche-launches-scheme-felons-232612535.html
Looks like all those MAGA religious loonies have decide who they want to take up the MAGA banner….
Evangelicals think that they’ve found their next great hope as they gear up for the 2028 presidential election.
Journalist Sarah Posner penned a report addressing the new chatter about Mike Huckabee as the new heir of the MAGA evangelicals to regain influence in the Republican Party after Trump has largely placated them.
Discussions looking beyond Trump are also coming at a time when even MAGA evangelicals are starting to lose faith in their president. The far-right political group believes the next GOP pick must be part of an effort to end growing anti-Israel and antisemitic elements in MAGA.
https://www.alternet.org/evangelicals/
They could not pick a better person for he is an Israeli ass kisser from way back….and a complete douche.
AS usual I want to try to lighten up the mood after you read all the silly crap from Donny and the GOP….who better to make you smile than animals?
A little humor after the bitter pill of DC…
That Was The Week That Was
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and as always…..Be Well and Be Safe….
I Read, I Write, You Know
“lego ergo scribo”
