Finally the agony of the GOP convention has come to a merciful end…..and it is totally official….Donald has accepted the nomination for the GOP…..
In these lovely 4 days I have heard the term “Constitution” used more than I have in a long time…..these people are the very people that have ideas that crap all over the foundation of the republic…..but yet they are the sole guardian of the document…..go figure.
Any way….let’s talk about the final day of days…..
The evening began……(insert long uncomfortable pause)…..the truth is the night was f*cking boring so I watched a couple of episodes of “Tyrant” while waiting for the acceptance speech…..I would expect a positive, up-beat speech but instead the people were given a negative dark speech on the value of fear…..
MY GOD! Trump is a long winded tool…the speech was about an hour and half long….he rattled on and on and the more talked the more negative he sounded……..
Donald Trump delivered the biggest speech of his life Thursday night at the GOP convention and his fans will not have been disappointed. Trump joined the crowd in its chant of “U-S-A” after he “humbly and gratefully,” accepted the nomination, the Washington Post reports. In his speech, Trump painted a frightening picture of America’s problems, but vowed to make the country strong, proud, safe, and great again, while also denouncing Hillary Clinton for her “terrible, terrible crimes.” Five of his biggest lines:
- “When a Secretary of State illegally stores her emails on a private server, deletes 33,000 of them so the authorities can’t see her crime, puts our country at risk, lies about it in every different form, and faces no consequence—I know that corruption has reached a level like never before,” said Trump. Cries of “Lock her up” could be heard as he went on to say Clinton hadn’t faced justice for “terrible, terrible crimes.”
- “In this race for the White House, I am the law and order candidate,” Trump said. “The irresponsible rhetoric of our president, who has used the pulpit of the presidency to divide us by race and color, has made America a more dangerous environment than frankly I have seen or anybody in this room has ever watched or seen.”
- “Nobody knows the system better than me, which is why I alone can fix it,” Trump said. “I have seen firsthand how the system is rigged against our citizens, just like it was rigged against Bernie Sanders—he never had a chance,” he continued.
- “I have made billions of dollars in business making deals—now I’m going to make our country rich again,” Trump said, promising to bring jobs back to Ohio and Michigan He promised to renegotiate “horrible trade agreements” with China and other countries. “That includes renegotiating NAFTA to get a much better deal for America—and we’ll walk away if we don’t get that kind of a deal,” he continued. “Our country is going to start building and making things again.”
- Trump said he had an alternative to Clinton’s “I’m With Her” pledge: “My pledge reads ‘I’m with you—the American people,” he vowed. “I am your voice. So to every parent who dreams for their child, and every child who dreams for their future, I say these words to you tonight: I’m with you, I will fight for you, and I will win for you.”
I am sorry but I still have NO idea what he will use to accomplish his goals and not sure what those are….other than some platitudes to gain some applause.
I guess I will just have wait for the campaigns to begin in earnest…maybe then I can learn more of his issues.
On to Philly and the Big Dance they will call the Dem convention.
If that does not interest you then there is always Pokemon….it maybe more your style.