There have been many people elected to Congress that seem to not hold the sword of the Constitution in their hearts….but recently the people of Georgia (the state not the country) elected an all out whack-a-doodle.
Marjorie Taylor Greene is her name.
She has hassled a shooting victim, made light of handicapped people, threatened a member of Congress with death and so forth….
Some Congress are worried about her place in the House…..
It’s deja va all over again for Republicans, at least in the AP’s eyes. “Republicans have a Marjorie Taylor Greene problem. Again,” it declares, and it’s not alone in that coverage. Though she was embraced by then-President Trump, the Georgia Republican was denounced by party leaders during her primary run over her voiced support for QAnon. But once she clinched the primary, that clamor against her all but ceased. Now, new issues—for her and for the party—in the form of a deep dive into her Facebook activity and the surfacing of a video in which she is hounding a Parkland school shooting survivor. The latest:
- CNN KFile dug into hundreds of posts and comments that appeared on Greene’s Facebook page, and found instances from 2018 and 2019 where she liked comments related to executing leading Democrats, among them Nancy Pelosi. In that January 2019 instance, she liked a comment that suggested “a bullet to the head” would be a quicker way to remove Pelosi from her post. In response to a commenter asking about hanging Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, she replied, “Stage is being set. Players are being put in place. We must be patient. This must be done perfectly or liberal judges would let them off.”
- In a tweeted response to the report, Greene blasted “Fake News CNN” for its hit piece and offered a defense, writing that her Facebook page has been handled by others in addition to herself. “Many posts have been liked. Many posts have been shared. Some did not represent my views. Especially the ones that CNN is about to spread across the internet.”
Media Matters flagged a 2018 Facebook post in which Greene gave air to a conspiracy theory that there is video of Clinton murdering a child as part of a satanic ritual and and orchestrated a hit on a cop to cover it up.
The GOP has been silent on her attitudes and words…..they even went so far as to give her a committee assignment….
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was “appalled” to learn Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, who once endorsed executing the speaker, was appointed to the House Education Committee. “What could they be thinking?” Pelosi said of Republican House leaders on Thursday, per Politico. “Or is thinking too generous of a word for what they might be doing?” She said the appointment showed “the disregard” GOP members have for the deaths of children in school shootings at Sandy Hook in Newtown, Conn., and Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in Parkland, Fla.—events Greene has claimed were staged. And the speaker wasn’t alone.
- Committee chair Rep. Bobby Scott called on House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy to “explain how someone with this background represents the Republican party on education issues.” He added the appointment was supposed to reflect members’ “commitment to serving students, parents, and educators.”
- Some Sandy Hook parents are chiming in as well. Jake Tapper tweeted a statement from Mark Barden, father of Daniel Barden, and Nicole Hockley, mother of Dylan Hockley, that reads in part, “Having a Sandy Hook and Parkland denier on the House Education and Labor Committee is an attack on any and every family whose loved ones were murdered in mass shootings.”
- Fellow Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger said Greene should be denied the privilege of serving on any committee, calling her a “Republican In Name Only,” per Politico. The outlet reports freshman GOP Rep. Nancy Mace has also criticized Greene in private.
- This comes after a deep dive into Greene’s social media accounts. Per the Daily Intelligencer, Greene has claimed 9/11 was an inside job, said Muslims don’t belong in government, and spread an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory suggesting 2018 California wildfires were caused by a space laser connected to the Rothschild family.
- “She saw the Austin Powers movie and thought it was a documentary, I guess,” Jimmy Kimmel quipped Thursday, per the New York Times. He added House Republicans had appointed their “screwiest, Q-iest member” to the Education Committee “hoping, I guess, she would get one.”
- Late Show host Stephen Colbert noted Greene’s support for executing top Democrats is “probably going to complicate this year’s congressional Secret Santa: ‘Huh, let’s see what I get here. Uh, my person gave me a severed horse’s head? I thought there was a $25 limit.'”
- McCarthy has already had private conversations with Greene, who has also joined the House Budget Committee, “in an attempt to rein in some of her most extreme rhetoric,” per Politico. In response to the latest criticism, he said he would speak to Greene again about her “disturbing” comments.
- Democrats are taking steps of their own, including introducing a privileged resolution to expel Greene from Congress. While it’s unlikely to pass, it would force “every single lawmaker, including members of GOP leadership, to go on the record when it comes to Greene,” per Politico.
And let’s not forget that before Biden took his oath she stated that she would offer up an impeachment of Biden…
A freshman GOP lawmaker wants to get the ball rolling on impeaching Joe Biden on the president-elect’s first full day in office. After President Trump was impeached for a second time Wednesday, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene told Newsmax that she plans to file articles of impeachment against Biden on Jan. 21. The Georgia lawmaker has expressed support for QAnon conspiracy theories, but she’s not planning to accuse Biden of being part of a cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophiles. Instead, she is attacking the president-elect over remarks he made in 2018 about threatening to withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees to Ukraine if prosecutor general Viktor Shokin wasn’t replaced, the Hill reports. “I’m proud to be the voice of Republican voters who have been ignored,” she tweeted.
The Obama administration called for Shokin’s firing over corruption allegations in 2015, as did the EU and the IMF. When Biden, as vice president, raised the issue with Ukrainian officials, Shokin was investigating the energy firm Burisma. Biden’s son Hunter was a board member at the time, though he was not accused of wrongdoing. “We cannot have a president of the United States who is willing to abuse the power of the office of the presidency and be easily bought off by foreign governments, foreign Chinese energy companies, Ukrainian energy companies,” said Greene, who didn’t specify what she wants to charge Biden with. Trump’s first impeachment stemmed from a call to Ukraine’s leader in which he pushed for an investigation of the Bidens.
Do we really want a person like this representing the US?
She also will not back down….
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) vowed to “never back down” as she faces an avalanche of criticism in light of unearthed remarks advocating violence against Democrats, calling school shootings a hoax and supporting the Qanon conspiracy theory.
In a statement to supporters, Greene blamed the “radical, left-wing Democratic mob and the Fake News media” for the effort to “take me out,” even though the controversy surrounds unsurfaced comments she made and has attracted criticism from fellow Republicans.
“I will never back down. I will never give up. Because I am one of you. And I will always represent you,” she said. “I take these slings and arrows gladly for you. I take them for our America First movement so that we can save our country and stop socialism. I knew this day would come, it was only a question of when.”
The ball is in Pelosi’s court…..what will she do?
I do not blame Greene….I blame the morons in Georgia that elected her.
Pelosi needs to find a spine and do hat needs doing….since the GOP are gutless cowards she needs to act.
If she does not that Pelosi will make the House as spineless as the Senate.
Watch This Blog!
I Read, I Write, You Know
“lego ergo scribo”