This nation proves daily to the world just how cowardly and bigoted they are…..democracy my ASS!
I am not a fan of the state of Israel….they proved yet again that it is anything but a democracy. A state that steals, murders, and destroys anything they care to do….they arm a radical bunch of bastards to do their dirty work at people that disagree with their policies.
AIPAC gives freebies to Congress people…free trip to Israel ……but polls show that most Americans do not approve of these freebies….
Seventy members of the U.S. Congress (16% of the total membership) are visiting Israel during recess. Most of the private funding for the junket arrives through an entity called the American Israel Education Foundation. AIEF officially formed as a “supporting organization of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee” (AIPAC) in 1988 and applied for tax exempt status in 1989.
AIEF formed to receive fully tax-deductible contributions for “educational purposes” that could then be funneled into AIPAC initiatives. AIPAC – then as now – is categorized by the IRS as a lobbying organization that can only receive non-deductible contributions. AIEF claimed in filings to the IRS that it would educate students and young professionals about the Middle East and pursue other educational endeavors with a bona fide social welfare purpose. There is nothing in its application for tax exempt status about junkets for politicians. Yet today AIEF funds AIPAC organized trips to Israel for members of Congress costing $10,000 or more per individual. AIPAC staffers organize and conduct the tours. Thanks to AIEF and a handful of similar groups, one out of every three privately funded congressional trips lands in Israel. A recent representative poll of 2,000 voting age Americans asked about the Democratic Party delegation to Israel reveals 65.7% opposed it and think representatives should instead return to their districts.
I think this amounts to bribery and anyone who accepts the freebie is guilty……a lawsuit has been filed with the Office of Congressional Ethics……finally take these bastards to task…..
Antiwar activist group Codepink has filed a claim with the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) arguing that yearly trips to Israel for freshman lawmakers hosted by the lobbying group American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) are unconstitutional.
In a complaint, the activists claim that AIPAC’s use of a nonprofit closely tied to the group’s organizational structure violates laws prohibiting lobbying groups from gifting personal travel to members of Congress.
“These congresspeople are our public officials who are being taken by lobbyists to a foreign country for the purpose of increasing support for Israel — a country that already receives $3.8 billion a year of our tax dollars,” the group’s co-director Medea Benjamin said in a press release.
The mighty Israeli government is afraid of a few women of color…..they have barred two women from entry into the apartheid state of Israel. Kinda like the cowards they are.
Last week, 41 Democratic members of Congress visited Israel, and 31 Republicans are currently there now, reports the Jerusalem Post. Such routine visits don’t generate much attention. By contrast, the proposed visit of two more members of Congress very much surfaced as a source of international headlines—because those two members happen to be Reps. Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib, vocal critics of Israel. On Thursday, Benjamin Netanyahu’s government officially banned the pair, after being pressured by President Trump to do just that. Coverage:
- About-face: Last month, Israel Ambassador Ron Dermer said the pair would be allowed to visit, but Prime Minister Netanyahu began signaling over the past week that he might reverse course, reports the Washington Post. It became official on Thursday. “The decision has been made; the decision is not to allow them to enter,” said Israeli Deputy Foreign Minister Tzipi Hotovely on Reshet Radio. The congresswomen were due to arrive on Friday, and the decision will not sit well with Democratic leaders of Congress.
- The rationale: A new law allows Israel to bar people who support the movement to boycott Israel over its treatment of Palestinians, per the Wall Street Journal. Omar and Tlaib clearly qualify, as both have publicly backed the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement. (Omar also has been formally rebuked by fellow House Democrats for using “anti-Semitic tropes.”)
- Trump’s role: The president had weighed in Thursday morning, continuing his frequent criticism of the members of “The Squad.” “It would show great weakness if Israel allowed Rep. Omar and Rep. Tlaib to visit,” he tweeted. “They hate Israel & all Jewish people, & there is nothing that can be said or done to change their minds. Minnesota and Michigan will have a hard time putting them back in office. They are a disgrace!” Over the weekend, Axios first reported that Trump wanted the visit blocked.
- The other reason: Netanyahu is locked in a close election fight, notes the New York Times, and he can’t afford to look weak to his base. Voting takes place in September. He and Trump have strong relations.
- Itinerary: Omar and Tlaib had no visits booked with Israeli leaders. Instead, they planned to visit the West Bank cities of Hebron, Ramallah, and Bethlehem. Axios reports that the biggest fear of Israeli officials is that they would visit Temple Mount, which it describes as the most holy site for Jews and the third holiest for Muslims. Both Israel and the Palestinians make claims of sovereignty over it. Tlaib also wanted to stay longer to visit her grandmother in the West Bank.
A democracy would not do such a thing…..a cowardly bunch of racist toads would.
Israel is afraid of a couple of freshman representatives….typical cowardly intentions….kinda in the vain of the attack on the USS Liberty in 1967….that was cowardly and Israel has NOT shown me they are anything but a pack of cowards.
AIPAC is reporting they have broken with BiBi……
The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) on Thursday broke with Israel’s decision to bar Democratic Reps. Ilhan Omar (Minn.) and Rashida Tlaib (Mich.) from visiting the country, saying “every member of Congress should be able to visit.”
“We disagree with Reps. Omar and Tlaib’s support for the anti-Israel and anti-peace BDS movement, along with Rep. Tlaib’s calls for a one-state solution. We also believe every member of Congress should be able to visit and experience our democratic ally Israel firsthand,” AIPAC tweeted Thursday.
Really? More like a way to try and divert criticism….they will be back on-board in no time at all. For now it is a good sign…only time will tell how serious this move is…..time will tell.
Since the Dems have egg on their face inb their undying support for Israel as a democratic state….after this the scramble will be on to try and fix the damage done by Trump and BiBi…..
Breaking News….Israel like Trump has waffled…..
Israel has decided to approve a petition by U.S. Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib to enter Israel on ‘humanitarian grounds’ so she may visit her Palestinian grandmother, the Interior Ministry announced Friday, this after it barred her from entering the country due to her support for the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement.
With millions and millions on the line with Israel’s decision…..they have changed their mind on Rashida so she could visit her grandmother in the Occupied Territory
Remember when someone said “It is all about the Benjamins”?
This proves that that is the case.
“Lego Ergo Scribo”