Or was it a lame attempt at some attention?
After I shut down the writing operation yesterday a story was developing about the bombs sent in the mail to some politicos…..
A six-inch pipe bomb was sent to George Soros two days ago, and two officials tell the New York Times that similar devices were intercepted while en route to Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama’s offices. The AP called Clinton’s a “functional explosive device.” The Times reports Clinton’s package was flagged by a technician who reviews her mail. A statement from the Secret Service obtained by CNN journalist Elizabeth Landers elaborates on the situation.
It says the Secret Service intercepted “two suspicious packages addressed to Secret Service protectees.” It says Clinton’s package was intercepted late Tuesday in Westchester County, NY (she and former President Clinton live in Chappaqua) and that Obama’s package was intercepted in Washington, DC. The packages “were immediately identified during routine mail screening procedures as potential explosive devices and were appropriately handled as such.” Clinton and Obama were not “at risk of receiving them.”
After the Soros bomb was intercepted news came that others had been targeted and the return address was also as weird……
First George Soros, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and CNN’s NYC headquarters, now Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Rep. Maxine Waters. A Democratic aide confirmed to BuzzFeed that a suspicious package intercepted at a Capitol Hill sorting facility was addressed to Waters. The Miami Herald reports Broward County, Florida, police have confirmed a suspicious package arrived at the former Democratic National Committee chair’s Sunrise office and is being investigated. But there’s a twist:
- The Washington Post reports the devices sent to Clinton, Soros, and Obama were contained in manila envelopes and featured typed addresses. The law enforcement official it spoke with said the return address bore the name of “a known public official” who was not thought to be involved.
- In a twist, NBC News spoke with three law enforcement officials who say the return address was Schultz’s. Sources who spoke to CNN and the New York Times also said some of the packages had Schultz’s name and address on the return label.
- Now CNN reports the package that arrived at Schultz’s office was actually addressed to Eric Holder but featured an incorrect address. As such, it was returned to sender—and the listed sender was Schultz.
- The package sent to CNN was reportedly sent to the attention of former CIA director John Brennan. CNN reporter Kaitlan Collins tweeted that Brennan isn’t employed by CNN, but rather is an MSNBC contributor.
- The AP spoke with two law enforcement officials who say the package that was addressed to Brennan contained a crude but functional device, and that it seemed similar to those sent to Soros, Clinton, and Obama. The device sent to Soros has been described as a 6-inch pipe bomb. CNN reports it was delivered by courier.
- Plenty of political figures are speaking out in condemnation. Sarah Sanders called the “terrorizing acts … despicable” and said the person responsible “will be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.”
- Vice President Pence tweeted against the “cowardly” and “despicable” acts and said those responsible will be brought to justice; President Trump retweeted it, noting “I agree wholeheartedly!”
- Trump elaborated during an afternoon event on opioids, saying “acts or threats of political violence have no place in the United States” and that “a major federal investigation” into the “despicable acts” is now underway. The AP notes he called for unity and did not specify any of the intended recipients of the packages by name.
- The San Diego Union-Tribune reports it and nearby businesses were briefly evacuated after a pile of suspicious-looking packages were noted outside the building Wednesday morning; CNN notes the newspaper’s building also houses the field office for Sen. Kamala Harris. But the packages were determined to hold nothing suspicious after about an hour.
- Similarly, Andrew Cuomo himself said in a news conference that a “device” was sent to his Manhattan office, but the NYPD determined it did not contain a bomb and was not related to the other packages.
This is just uncalled for…..no blame attached but every person that was targeted has been the focus of a Trump rally at one point or another.
Are we returning to the days of the “Unabomber”?
If you have not heard of the “Unabomber” then you are too young to remember reading….so this short video is for you…..
Not to worry your president step up……
“Any acts or threats of political violence are an attack on our democracy itself,” Trump said, per ABC. The president was relatively subdued during his remarks, the Washington Post reports. He refrained from his usual attacks on Democratic targets including Hillary Clinton and Maxine Waters—two of the people the pipe bombs were addressed to—and did not encourage audience members when some of them started shouting “CNN sucks.” “By the way, do you see how nice I’m behaving?” Trump said. “We’re all behaving very well. And hopefully we can keep it that way.”
(Must pause here for the laughter was painful)
If Dems can put together a 7,000+ strong “caravan” then it is logical that Repub operatives could put together a letter bomb campaign.
WAIT! Wait! Or maybe this is some plot hatched by the Dems for some sympathy (Infowars may use my idea…they never let the truth get in the way of a conspiracy)
Is there more to come?