Sorry but I cannot let the international stuff go unreported……..I could do like so many of my right wing brethren and pick the subject of the day, according to the a/holes they look up to and pick it like an irritating scab……but my readers deserve better.
It looks like Israel has found a way to invade Gaza yet again……..
Those words were written by Sen. Rand Paul when he wrote in the national Review pushing his crappy piece of legislation to defund the Palestinians………his written word…….writing about Israel’s response to the kidnapping and deaths of the three teenagers in Israel……..
I think it is clear by now: Israel has shown remarkable restraint. It possesses a military with clear superiority over that of its Palestinian neighbors, yet it does not respond to threat after threat, provocation after provocation, with the type of force that would decisively end their conflict.
Nearly six weeks ago, I proposed a bill called the “Stand With Israel Act.” Its purpose was to cut off the flow of U.S. taxpayer dollars to the Palestinian Authority if it allied with Hamas — the same Hamas that just murdered these three teenagers.
So let’s be clear: U.S. taxpayer money may soon be going to an entity kidnapping and murdering Israeli and U.S. children.
Restraint? What has this yo-yo been smoking? Would you like to see the extent of their “restraint”?
Palestinians Killed & Injured
- Since the start of the large-scale crackdown on June 13, 2014, at least nine (as of June 27) Palestinians – mostly unarmed civilians – have been killed by Israeli soldiers or died as a result of their operations in the West Bank and Gaza, and scores more have been injured.
- Palestinian fatalities:
- On June 27, 2014, 23-year-old Mohammed al-Fasih, and 25-year-old Usama al-Hassumi were killed by an Israeli airstrike in northern Gaza. Israel accused the two men of being militants involved in the firing of rockets.
- On June 25, 78-year-old Fatima Ismail Issa Rushdi died of a heart attack following an Israeli assault on the el-Arrub refugee camp north of Hebron.
- On June 22, Israeli soldiers shot and killed 27-year-old Ahmad Said Suod Khalid, who was mentally disabled, during a raid in the al-Ain refugee camp in Nablus.
- Also on June 22, an Israeli sniper shot and killed 30-year-old Mahmoud Ismail Atallah on a rooftop in Ramallah.
- On June 21, an elderly man, Jamil Ali Abed Jabir, died of a heart attack during an Israeli raid in the town of Haris in the northern occupied West Bank.
- On June 20, 22-year-old Mustafa Husni Aslan was shot in the head by Israeli soldiers during a raid into the Qalandia refugee camp near Jerusalem. On June 26 he was pronounced dead.
- On June 20, 15-year-old Mohammad Dudeen was shot and killed with live ammunition by Israeli soldiers during a raid in the town of Dura in the southern occupied West Bank.
- On June 16, Israeli soldiers shot and killed 21-year-old Ahmad Sabarin in the Jalazoun refugee camp near Ramallah.
Military Raids & Arrests
- Hundreds of military raids have been launched across the occupied West Bank, although the missing Israeli teens were last seen near Hebron in the southern West Bank and are believed to still be in the area. Raids have targeted more than 1000 private homes, the offices of political parties, refugee camps, and the campuses of Birzeit University near Ramallah and the Arab American University in Jenin, resulting in the detention and arrest of students and staff.
Apparently Paul has the same problem as McCain…….cannot see past the wallets of the Israeli donors…….
If we have to defund anyone then defund both sides……I am sick of Israel being held up as some sort of idyllic state where all people are treated fairly…..that is bullshit and the world needs to know that it is BULLSHIT!
I have heard people that say the Israel is doing what they can…….does that include lawmakers like this…………
A day before Palestinian teenager Muhammad Abu Khudair was kidnapped and burned alive allegedly by six Israeli Jewish youths, Israeli lawmaker Ayelet Shaked published on Facebook a call for genocide of the Palestinians.
It is a call for genocide because it declares that “the entire Palestinian people is the enemy” and justifies its destruction, “including its elderly and its women, its cities and its villages, its property and its infrastructure.”
It is a call for genocide because it calls for the slaughter of Palestinian mothers who give birth to “little snakes.”
If Shaked’s post does not meet the legal definition of a call for genocide then nothing does.
If you want to condemn then condemn all sides…..an attitude like this does NO one any good and drives the hate…….