Yet another press conference and speech about Covid from the president…..
The details of an aggressive new push by the White House on COVID are emerging, with new rules affecting federal employees, larger businesses, and health care workers.
- Federal workers: Biden will sign an executive order requiring all of the estimated 2.1 million federal employees to get their shots, reports CNN. The rule also applies to the millions of contractors who work with the government. The only exceptions will be for those with disabilities or who decline for religious reasons.
- Health workers: The White House also will require that all staff at health facilities that receive federal funding be vaccinated, reports Politico. That would include hospitals that receive Medicare or Medicaid funding. In all, the White House estimates this rule will affect 50,000 facilities.
- Larger businesses: All businesses with more than 100 employees will have to require vaccinations or weekly tests of their workers, reports the Washington Post. This policy would affect an estimated 80 million workers, or two-thirds of the nation’s workforce.
- Big change: No longer will federal employees be able to skip the shot by agreeing to get tested regularly. Over the summer, the White House required vaccinations or testing. That substitute is no longer an option, at least for federal employees, notes the Wall Street Journal.
- A deadline: Federal workers will have about 75 days to get vaccinated. If they don’t, disciplinary procedures get rolling that could result in the employee being fired.
- A model: “The expectation is if you want to work in the federal government or want to be a contractor, you need to be vaccinated,” said press secretary Jen Psaki. “We would like to be a model to what we think other businesses and organizations should do around the country.”
Like I said….yet another plan…..but will it start a new rush to be vaccinated?
I do not believe so…if anything it may make the divisions in society even more pronounced….
I give Biden an “A” for effort….but that is the best I can do right now.
I hope the American prove me wrong….but I am not holding my breath.
To those unvaccinated people out there I want to say…..’can’t fix stupid’!
Watch This Blog!
I Read, I Write, You Know
“lego ergo scribo”
10 thoughts on “New Biden Covid Response”
Sad to say, I am leaning that this will further divide people… and enhance all this “civil war” nonsense talk going around. Although.. I think it should have been done months ago.
DR GEOFF MITCHELL MD JD On Total And Complete COVID-19 Vaccine Failure; It’s Now Becoming Obvious That These Experimental Medical Injections Are NOT Preventing Infection, Transmission And Deaths From COVID-19 – Vaccine Failures In History
WTF.. you are citing blather from a Quaker site and calling it true science??
Reblogged this on It Is What It Is and commented:
You got that right!! … can’t fix stupid!! — “I give Biden an “A” for effort … but that is the best I can do right now. I hope the American prove me wrong … but I am not holding my breath. To those unvaccinated people out there I want to say . .. ’can’t fix stupid’!”
As always I appreciate your time….chuq
Most welcome!! 🙏🏽
Biden’s pronouncements are an effort to create the illusion that he is providing leadership about health matters while the other dramatic issues go unattended. If you don’t have plans to fix things showing off your new shoes (promises) doesn’t fix anything.
I disagree Biden has given more leadership on health issues than the other guy…..he is the typical centrists big ideas small actions. chuq
From a different angle, I see a country and world crashing down all around
me and often wonder if we are all the same same planet with the same eyesight and there does not seem much alarm or any focus on these things. I certainly don’t consider myself that Henny Penny “the sky in falling” bird but much really is falling, failing, floundering , festering
I cannot disagree…..this country is in serious trouble. chuq