That is the same response that Dems have held for decades.
I have held off writing about the big story on the new abortion law that was signed by that mentally deranged group in Texas to see what the response of the Dems would be…..and now I have my answer.
First let me say…..the media and Dems need to stop using the term ‘pro-life’….that is a lie….instead they need to start using the term ‘anti-choice’.
Now to the grits and gravy.
The Dems are doing what they do best…..react.
So you think the Dems are doing what they can to prevent this law from effecting women?
Since 1980 when Reagan slithered into the White House the Dems have had NO idea how to go on the attack….instead they wait for the Repubs to attack and then they react….and that is why they have little answers to this new assault on reproductive rights.
The Dems counterattacked with the Women’s Health Protection Act of 2021….all but the cowards like Casey and Manchin who are the bane of getting anything done in the Congress for they are ‘moderates’….that means they are more worried about votes than the health of women….like I said before ‘spineless’.
Women’s Health Protection Act (WHPA) of 2021……
Would you like to see what is in this bill? (Stupid question for most will ignorge this as they always do then bitch when they are caught flat-footed)
Read the damn bill!
A valiant effort…..but it will flop as it did in 2013….and again in 2019…..
Yes that is right…this bill has been proposed several times…..and yet nothing has been accomplished either time….
Doubt my word?
How about in 2019…..
- H.R. 2975 would impose a heightened burden of proof on many if not most if not all abortion laws ever enacted 2
- H.R. 2975 treats abortion like one more “medical procedure”—not like the “unique act” and “grave decision” it really is 4
- H.R. 2975 excludes important legislative interests that the Supreme Court has expressly recognized 5
- Under H.R. 2975 doctors and nurses who conscientiously object to abortion could lose their jobs and Catholic hospitals could lose public funds. 7
- H.R. 2975 would jeopardize limits on taxpayer-funded abortion—including the Hyde Amendment 9
- H.R. 2975 would jeopardize parental notice requirements. 11
- H.R. 2975 would jeopardize informed consent laws such as ultrasound requirements and reflection periods 13
- H.R. 2975 would block States from protecting pain-capable babies at 20 weeks of pregnancy in most cases 15
- H.R. 2975 would force States to allow discrimination. 16
- H.R. 2975 would make it harder to limit late abortions 17
Want the whole bill?
If you a truly pro-choice then spend a little damn time and learn this stuff…..
This Dem attempt is but a fart in the wind!
Personally I think this effort by the Dems will fall away as it has for many years…..they will defer to the Supreme Court and now that it is stacked with ideologues I fear that these bans may hold.
At what point will the Dems learn to attack first and let the Repubs scramble for an answer?
That point is to elect true progressives and not mealy mouth moderates that hamper any progress on this issue and others.
Until then you just have to live with the gutless attempts put forward by the Dems.
As of writing this post the announcement came out that the AG will proceed with a lawsuit…..
The Justice Department is suing Texas over its new state law prohibiting most abortions, arguing that it was enacted “in open defiance of the Constitution.” The lawsuit, filed Thursday in federal court in Texas, asks a federal judge to declare that the law is invalid, “to enjoin its enforcement, and to protect the rights that Texas has violated,” the AP reports. The Texas law prohibits abortions once medical professionals can detect cardiac activity—usually around six weeks, often before a woman knows she’s pregnant. Courts have blocked other states from imposing similar restrictions, but Texas’ law differs significantly because it leaves enforcement to private citizens through civil lawsuits instead of criminal prosecutors.
I await the SCOTUS response when it makes it that far.
Turn The Page!
I Read, I Write, You Know
“lego ergo scribo”