Closing Thought–07Sep21

How many times have you heard or read about a traffic stop involving a black person has gone wrong with death or injuries to the suspected perpetrator?

Too many to count?

Here is a report that illustrates that there are two separate responses by the police to a suspected perp……

Police in Burlington, Vermont, are searching for 33-year-old Matthew Kaigle, who is wanted for assaulting a traffic guard and evading police. According to MyNBC-5, he was stopped shortly after the assault, but was allowed to drive away without ever getting out of his car.

“Kaigle refused to exit his vehicle after being told multiple times he was under arrest,” a police report read. “Officers did not pursue Kaigle due to his unpredictable and violent history.”

Kaigle has a long history of encounters with police. He has a number of convictions including felony charges, and multiple offenses for violating court orders or parole. He was also listed by police as threatening another person with a sledgehammer in July.

Kaigle is also accused of punching and kicking a man several times, leaving him unconscious in Battery Park. After his arrest, police began investigating the incident as a hate crime.

https://www.rawstory.com/cops-pull-over-white-suspect-but-allow-him-to-drive-away-because-of-his-unpredictable-and-violent-history/

Really?

You want proof there are 2 standards for justice in this country….look NO further than this incident.

This person was known to be a violent person and yet he gets a pass…..and allowed to drive away.

If this person had been black or brown he would either be tasered into submission or worse shoot multiple times for the police feared for their safety…..

Two separate policing policies……

When will the people start caring about this division in justice and policies?

Turn The Page!

I Read, I Write, You Know

“lego ergo scribo”

Come September

September–I wish it was cheerful as the song by Earth, Wind And Fire….but sadly it is not….this is the possibility of another assault on the Capitol of the US……

It appears that the gutless swine that support the stupidity of Trump are planning to come to DC and ‘do it again’……this time in September…..

MAGA leaders are openly planning an event in September that pledges to return to the scene of the January 6th insurrection to “demand justice” on the hoax theory the people indicted at the insurrection are innocent political prisoners. This comes as GOP leader Kevin McCarthy is threatening companies to defy lawful requests from the bipartisan committee investigating the riot.

A planned rally (September) on the U.S. Capitol grounds that organizers say is intended to peacefully demand “justice” for hundreds of “political prisoners” charged in the Jan. 6 insurrection is raising law enforcement alarm and plans for beefed-up security measures.

Among measures being considered for the rally planned for Sept. 18 is re-installing some of the recently dismantled fencing around parts of the Capitol grounds, though no decision on that has been made, according to a person familiar with the planning.

The protest, “Justice for J6,” is being orchestrated by a group called Look Ahead America, directed by Matt Braynard, who was part of the data team for Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign.

“What we are looking for is pure patriotism. It’s American flags, American clothing, T-shirts that sort of thing. And I invite you to make your own signs demanding justice for these political prisoners — demanding justice for Ashli Babbitt,” Braynard said in a video posted this week on Twitter.

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/crime-courts/2021/08/13/September-rally-Jan-6-rioters-prompts-Capitol-security-concern-Justice-for-J6-Matt-Braynard/stories/202108130143

A disgusting display is planned….a spineless attempt to keep the ‘Big Lie’ in the media and on the minds of the slugs that support Trump.

The 18th looms large…will this be a repeat of 06 January or will these cowards change their minds?

Now the spokesman for that moronic bunch that calls themselves “Proud Boys’ are say something different than the reports….

The “Justice for J6” rally is expected to be attended by the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers, two groups whose members have been charged with conspiracy for the attack on the Capitol by Trump supporters seeking to overturn the 2020 election. The rally is being organized by Matt Braynard, a former Trump campaign operative.

“Braynard’s followers believe many of the more than 570 people who have been charged with federal crimes in the attack were nonviolent and “reasonably believed they had permission” to enter the Capitol, according to a Jan. 29 letter Braynard sent to the Department of Justice and FBI. Braynard’s letter demands prosecutors drop all charges,” The Washington Post reported. “Although local authorities have not provided crowd estimates, Look Ahead America estimates that 700 people will attend — up from an earlier estimate of 500 in a previous permit application.”

https://www.rawstory.com/september-18-rally-false-flag/

The response if it happens could be far more reaching than law enforcement is capable of controlling….why?

The GOP has lost control of its paramilitary wing…..

In fact, the government has already uncovered far-reaching conspiracies to attack the Capitol and stop the certification of the election. It alleges that three major paramilitary groups — the Oath Keepers, The Proud Boys, and the Three Percenters — conspired within their own ranks to commit violence to keep Donald Trump in power. In addition to plotting within their own ranks, these groups reportedly coordinated with each other. The point that Reuters’ anonymous sources were making was that there is as-yet little evidence these paramilitary operations were part of a single overarching plot orchestrated by a “civilian” leader, like Trump confidante and self-proclaimed dirty trickster Roger Stone. Maybe the paramilitaries acted on their own. This is a truly terrifying possibility given it would indicate the civilian wing of the Republican Party has finally lost control of the party’s paramilitary wing.

Members and associates of the Oath Keepers militia have already pleaded guilty to conspiring to disrupt the certification of the election, and many others are working their way through the courts on similar charges. The government alleges extensive coordination among the Oath Keepers in the run-up to January 6 and ongoing communication with their leader while they stormed the Capitol. Multiple Proud Boys have also been charged with conspiracy and other serious offenses stemming from the assault on the Capitol. The government alleges, and independent media reports confirm, that teams of Oath Keepers and Proud Boys were in the vanguard of the assault on the Capitol.

https://www.alternet.org/2021/08/gop-paramilitary-groups/

Crappy news I know….so let me leave you with the uplifting tune from Earth, Wind And Fire…..

Watch This Blog!

I Read, I Write, You Know

“lego ergo scribo”

And The Fight Goes On

In less that two weeks the Taleban has controlled the country of Afghanistan…..well most but not all…..

The Northern Alliance has always been a thorn in the butts of the Taleban and today that situation has not changed…..

A band of Afghan resistance fighters holed up in Afghanistan’s rugged Panjshir province northeast of Kabul has repelled repeated attacks by Taliban fighters in recent days, a representative for the group tells NPR.

Speaking with NPR’s All Things Considered on Friday, Ali Nazary, the National Resistance Front’s head of foreign relations, who is currently in the U.S., also denied reports that the Taliban have taken control of the province — the last major territory standing between the Islamist militia and total control over Afghanistan — calling the rumors “propaganda.”

The Panjshir Valley “has not been breached,” he told host Audie Cornish. “The Taliban are facing fierce resistance.”

“The Taliban propaganda machine is trying to divert attention, is trying to spread propaganda, to weaken morale in Kabul and elsewhere,” said Nazary, who says he has been in close contact with NRF officials in Panjshir.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/03/1033966153/afghanistan-taliban-panjshir-resistance

Two days of fighting between the Taliban and the remnant resistance in Afghanistan’s Panjshir Valley continues to rage, with the Taliban pushing back into Baghlan districts, and civilians fleeing the area.

Both sides are claiming heavy casualties inflicted on the other. The Taliban did not provide numbers, but the resistance said they’d killed 40 Taliban and wounded another 35 since fighting began Monday night.

Both sides are also disputing who started this latest round of fighting, each claiming the other side attacked first. The Taliban added that talks have failed so far, but that they still want to resolve this peacefully. Other Taliban, however, suggested that the negotiations are over and were a failure.

The Panjshir Valley resistance is the remnants of the Afghan military and allied militias from the Ghani government, which fell last month. The group has promised to resist, and have even reclaimed some sparsely populated districts in the area.

The news trickles out of this region and the latest report is that the Taleban may have met is match….at least for now…..

Taliban and opposition forces continue to battle to control the Panjshir Valley north of Kabul with resistance fighters saying they captured hundreds of Taliban troops.

The National Resistance Front (NRF) of Afghanistan, grouping forces loyal to local leader Ahmad Massoud, said on Sunday it surrounded “thousands of terrorists” in Khawak Pass and the Taliban abandoned vehicles and equipment in the Dashte Rewak area.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/9/5/afghanistan-panjshir-forces-claim-hundreds-of-taliban-captured

This situation is very fluid…..

Days of heavy fighting in Panjshir Valley, the home of the last major holdout forces in Afghanistan, seem to be wrapping up, with the Taliban claiming complete control of Panjshir Province, and releasing photos of their fighters at the governor’s compound.

Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid declared the war over, saying this amounted to a complete victory. The Panjshir remnant forces were what was left of the Ghani government that continued fighting after the fall of Kabul.

The remnants have denied that this is the case. Leader Ahmed Massoud has gone missing, but says he is safe and that his fighters are still fighting in several areas around the valley. This comes just a day after Massoud claimed that there were deals for a ceasefire and talks with the Taliban.

(antiwar.com)

Like I said…..fluid.

Watch This Blog!

I Read, I Write, You Know

“lego ergo scribo”