What Are They Thinking?

There is lots of questions like that during this time of a raging pandemic.

People do not want to wear their masks because it is their right to infect themselves and die.

People do not want to distance themselves because it is their right to infect and be stupid!

Back in July the report came out that some hand sanitizer could be lethal.

Using hand sanitizer? Might be good to check that label. The Food and Drug Administration is adding more hand sanitizers to its list of products to avoid because they contain methanol—which is toxic when ingested or absorbed by the skin, USA Today reports. The FDA is telling Americans to avoid 59 different kinds of hand sanitizer, including some that have been recalled or face possible recall for containing the dangerous ingredient. The agency says it has “seen a sharp increase in hand sanitizer products that are labeled to contain ethanol (also known as ethyl alcohol) but that have tested positive for methanol contamination.”

Seems all the latest hand sanitizers on the list are produced in Mexico—including over two dozen sold by 4E Global, many of which carry the Blumen label, per CNN. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention notes that methanol is used in industrial settings as an alternative fuel source, solvent, and pesticide, and can cause a variety of ill health effects including headaches, seizures, coma, blurred vision, and permanent blindness. The CDC suggests using an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 70% isopropanol and 60% ethanol.

And in less than a month the “can’t fix  stupid” kicked in……some morons are drinking hand sanitizer….and you guessed it….they died.

Using alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available can help protect you from the coronavirus—but drinking it can leave you blind or dead, a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warns. The CDC said that in Arizona and New Mexico in May and June, at least 15 people were hospitalized after ingesting hand sanitizer, CNN reports. Of those, four patients died and three were discharged from hospitals with “new visual impairments,” including a 44-year-old man who suffered near-total vision loss. The CDC says that while drinking any kind of alcohol-based sanitizer is unsafe, these cases involved methanol, which is extremely dangerous to ingest even in small quantities.

The CDC said at least some of the patients had consumed the hand sanitizer because of its alcohol content, and its report stated “all patients had a history of swallowing alcohol-based hand sanitizer products.” The FDA issued a warning last month about a rise in hand sanitizers labeled as containing ethanol that actually contained methanol, which is also toxic when absorbed by the skin. The agency’s updated list of products to avoid can be seen here. The CDC says poison control centers across American have been told to be on the lookout for cases of methanol poisoning. “All alcohol-based hand sanitizers should only be used to disinfect hands and should never be swallowed,” its report said. “Children using hand sanitizers should be supervised, and these products should be kept out of reach of children when not in use.”

Where would these idiots get such an idea?

It is fairly obvious to me….but maybe you have a hard time trying to discern where all the bad information originates.

I Read, I Write, You Know

“lego ergo scribo”

6 thoughts on “What Are They Thinking?

  1. The resistance to wearing a mask and te reasons given for not using simple common sense are astonishing. I have half a dozen morbidity factors plus my age and take meaningful precautions. Drinking hand sanitizer because of alcohol content is a mega-crazy-stupid as well. As an alcoholic in recovery I am in disbelief. Why not just buy the booze ?

    1. We have lost the empathy for our fellow man…..the mask thing proves it for me. The drinking thing is another proof of :you cannot fix stupid”. Be well chuq

  2. When I was an EMT, I never ceased to be amazed by what an alcoholic would drink. I went to some who had been drinking petrol, creosote, wood polish, and even alcohol-based cleaning products for aluminium surfaces.
    Best wishes, Pete.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.