I did not watch the inauguration…I would rather have watched an episode of Sesame Street I am sure that it would have made more sense than the speech….but I got call from my daughter bitching at me for not watching it…..so I broke down and watched a replay of the speech…..
Okay I lied….I refuse to watch this crap…I instead read a transcript of the speech….full transcript here.
There a few lines in the speech that were just…..(you pick the term)…..(my analysis in parenthesis)…….
- “From this day forward, a new vision will govern our land. From this day forward, it’s going to be only America first. (should read corporations first)
- “Jan. 20, 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer.” (cute…but totally BS)
- “This American carnage stops right here and stops right now,” he said, after ticking off a litany of problems including poverty, crime, and “rusted out factories scattered like tombstones across the landscape of our nation.” (What about the “carnage” we are inflicting internationally?)
- “For too long, a small group in our nation’s capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have borne the cost. Washington flourished, but the people did not share in its wealth.” (the same people he his hiring)
- “We will follow two simple rules: Buy American and hire American.” (cool! that has been a slogan that has been around for 40 years and still means NOTHING!)
- “We’ve made other countries rich while the wealth, strength, and confidence of our country has dissipated over the horizon.” (best I can muster is…Hahahahaha)
- “I will never, ever let you down. America is going to start winning again, winning like never before.” (every time he uses “winning” I think of the meltdown by Charlie Sheen a few years back)
- “When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.” (now here is the biggest lie of the speech….his followers would not know a patriot if it bit them in the ass and prejudice is ever-present)
- “We will reinforce old alliances and form new ones and unite the civilized world against radical Islamic terrorism, which we will eradicate completely from the face of the Earth.” (a promise he cannot and will not keep)
- “The time for empty talk is over. Now arrives the hour of action.” (again….Hahahahaha…this speech was as empty as my next door neighbor’s head)
- “We will make America proud again. We will make America safe again. And, yes, together, we will make America great again.” (BULLSHIT!)
My granddaughter could have written a better speech…..this one has NO imagination just a re-hash of all the old slogans from the campaign….
But after I wrote this I decided to see what others thought of the speech….I went to the conservative National Review and read a piece written by conservative writer George Will….someone that I seldom agree with on anything….
Twenty minutes into his presidency, Donald Trump, who is always claiming to have made, or to be about to make, astonishing history, had done so. Living down to expectations, he had delivered the most dreadful inaugural address in history. Kellyanne Conway, Trump’s White House counselor, had promised that the speech would be “elegant.” This is not the adjective that came to mind as he described “American carnage.” That was a phrase the likes of which has never hitherto been spoken at an inauguration.