We are told by the media that the American voter is disgusted with Congress, the president and the economy……and yet they will vote for the same worthless bunch time and time again……
But the question is….just how disgusted are they?
The first exit polls show that those who turned out to vote today are in a foul mood politically, and it applies to both President Obama and Republicans. Some highlights:
- Obama: More than half, 54%, disapprove of Obama, a figure just shy of George W. Bush’s 57% in the 2006 midterms, reports NBC News.
- Congress: A staggering 79% disapprove of the job Congress is doing, one percentage point shy of the all-time low in exit polls.
- Both: About a quarter of voters say they’re unhappy with both Obama and GOP leaders in Congress.
- Country: Two-thirds say the nation is on the wrong track, and just 22% think the next generation will be better off, reports CNN.
- Trust: Only 1 in 5 say they trust the government to do what is right most or all of the time. Most (61%) say they trust DC to do the right thing only “some of the time.”
- Economy: It’s still voters’ No.1 concern.
- Health care: The AP notes that those who ranked it as their top concern were “about as likely to say Obama’s health care overhaul didn’t go far enough as to say it went too far.”
What amuses me is that if the people polled told the truth….then why do we keep sending the same mental midgets to DC?
Is this a paradox? Or is it just stupidity?
When will we ever learn? (that is rhetorical because we all know the answer)……