My last day of total bliss…..no news…..no whining……..no mind numbing politics……today I would like to share some of the week’s craziest crimes…………..
(Newser) – An ill-fated attempt to bust into an ex-boyfriend’s home and a drunk driver lost in the worst possible place are among the weirdest crime stories of the week:
- Some Ways Are Easier Than Others to Visit Your Ex: A tip for would-be home invaders: You might consider attempting to break in the old-fashioned way, say, a window or a door. Most definitely not the way that California woman Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa chose to try to get into the home of her ex, a man she had gone on just six dates with before he ended things.
- Driver Mistook Jail for Someplace Else: A Michigan woman didn’t have far to go after her arrest on drunk-driving charges. Officers say the 39-year-old was in the Van Buren County Jail’s parking lot when her BAC clocked in at more than twice the legal limit—because she mistook the building for a much, much different locale.
- Woman’s Entire Cabin Gets Stolen: It’s not too often that your house isn’t where you left it. But that was the case for Josie-Anne Pilotte, who spent three weeks building a small cabin in the Yukon that has since disappeared. At least the cabin kidnappers left behind some consolation items for Pilotte.
- 500-Pound Suspect Can’t Fit Inside Police Car: Florida police say a 500-pound man resisted arrest by sitting down and challenging deputies to move him. They managed to do so, then realized 45-year-old Howard Hendrix wouldn’t fit inside the patrol car. Based on the 911 call, however, the situation could have been much more uncomfortable for everyone involved.
- What Not to Text to Your Probation Officer: A Georgia man on probation got himself sent back to jail, with an extra year to serve, after he posed a simple question to his probation officer via text. Did we mention it was a wrong number? The text led the officer to Alan Cross’ home, and what was found there proved to be his undoing.
Humans never cease to amaze me at the lengths they will go to commit a crime…….
Enjoy the rest of your weekend…..I know I will.