That is the narrative that the media is passing around these days….Trump is the head of a basically criminal enterprise…..makes for good copy and a good propaganda piece…..but let’s look at another presidential term and what transpired….that would be the term of G. W. Bush.
It interests me that all these pundits are comparing Trump to the tenure of other presidents in history…..but they seldom talk about the “scandals” of these presidents…..so how do they are match up?
Let’s look at those in recent history……
One of the most scandal heavy presidencies is that of Good Old “Dub”…..let’s look at the Executive Branch scandals……and what became known as “Lawyergate”……
- “Lawyergate” or the Dismissal of U.S. attorneys controversy refers to President Bush firing, without explanation, eleven Republican federal prosecutors whom he himself had appointed. It is alleged that they were fired for prosecuting Republicans and not prosecuting Democrats. When Congressional hearings were called, a number of senior Justice Department officials cited executive privilege and refused to testify under oath and instead resigned, including:
- Attorney General Alberto Gonzales
- Karl Rove, Advisor to President Bush
- Harriet Miers, Legal Counsel to President Bush, was found in Contempt of Congress
- Michael A. Battle, Director of Executive Office of US Attorneys in the Justice Department
- Bradley Schlozman, Director of Executive Office of US Attorneys who replaced Battle
- Michael Elston, Chief of Staff to Deputy Attorney General Paul McNulty
- Paul McNulty, Deputy Attorney General to William Mercer
- William W. Mercer, Associate Attorney General to Alberto Gonzales
- Kyle Sampson, Chief of Staff to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales
- Monica Goodling, Liaison between President Bush and the Justice Department
- Joshua Bolten, Deputy Chief of Staff to President Bush was found in Contempt of Congress
- Sara M. Taylor, Aide to Presidential Advisor Karl Rove
There is so much more…..all three branches none are immune…..Read about all the scandals and corruption stories from the Bush White House…..
Like I stated earlier….we are always talking about the scandals and corruption in the Trump White House….but reality shows us that ALL…repeat….ALL presidencies have had their scandals and corruption……
I read, I Write, You Know
“lego ergo scribo”