Out Dear Leader and his lap dog Barr are stating that Portland protests have nothing to do with the death of a black person…..
First Barr’s statement….
Attorney General William Barr is defending the aggressive federal law enforcement response to civil unrest in America, saying “violent rioters and anarchists have hijacked legitimate protests” sparked by George Floyd’s death at the hands of Minneapolis police. Barr will tell members of the House Judiciary Committee at a much-anticipated hearing on Tuesday that the violence taking place in Portland, Oregon, and other cities is disconnected from the death of Floyd, which he described as a “horrible” event that prompted a necessary national reckoning on the relationship between the Black community and law enforcement. “Largely absent from these scenes of destruction are even superficial attempts by the rioters to connect their actions to George Floyd’s death or any legitimate call for reform,” Barr will say of the Portland protests, according to a copy of his prepared remarks released by the Justice Department on Monday and reported by the AP.
Then there is Trump trying to make it out as some attempt to overthrow the government…..”they are all anarchists”…..but sadly Mr. Trump it is bigger than Portland.
- Portland: A bag containing loaded rifle magazines and Molotov cocktails was found at a park near where protests have been staged for two months in Portland, police said. A photo of the items was shared in a tweet from police that said someone pointed out the bag to officers at Lownsdale Square Park, per the AP. Meanwhile, the city’s protest late Sunday started peacefully, but intensified early Monday. US agents declared an unlawful assembly and deployed several rounds of what appeared to be tear gas, flash bangs, and pepper balls from the federal courthouse downtown.
- Shots fired: The discovery came just hours after two people were arrested following reports that a shot was fired in the same Portland park. Officers responded just before 7:30pm. A person believed to be the gunshot victim arrived later at a hospital via a private vehicle with non-life threatening injuries, police said. It wasn’t clear if either incident was connected to the demonstrations.
- Trump: “The ‘protesters’ are actually anarchists who hate our Country,” the president tweeted Sunday evening. He also took issue with the “wall of moms” in Portland, a group of women who stood together between federal officers and protesters, notes the Daily Beast. “The line of innocent ‘mothers’ were a scam that Lamestream refuses to acknowledge, just like they don’t report the violence of these demonstrations!”
- Oakland: A protest in Oakland, Calif., in support of racial justice and police reform turned violent Saturday night when a small group of demonstrators wearing helmets and goggles and carrying large signs that doubled as shields set fire to a courthouse, vandalized a police station, and shot fireworks at officers, authorities said, per the AP.
- Richmond: In Virginia’s capital, a dump truck was torched as several hundred protesters and police faced off late Saturday during a demonstration of support for the protesters in Portland. Police declared it to be an “unlawful assembly” at around 11pm and used what appeared to be tear gas to disperse the group.
- Atlanta: In downtown Atlanta on Sunday, federal agents examined damage to an Immigration and Customs Enforcement facility where windows were shattered late Saturday.
- Baltimore: People from a group of nearly 100 demonstrators spray-painted anti-police messages on a Fraternal Order of Police building and adjacent sidewalks on Saturday night in Baltimore.
This is how you handle the mothers that Trump say are not protesting…..please click on the links to see what this is all about……..
Donald Trump has made warnings about the threat of antifa and “far-left fascism” a central part of his re-election campaign. But in reality leftwing attacks have left far fewer people dead than violence by rightwing extremists, new research indicates, and antifa activists have not been linked to a single murder in decades.
A new database of nearly 900 politically motivated attacks and plots in the United States since 1994 includes just one attack staged by an anti-fascist that led to fatalities. In that case, the single person killed was the perpetrator.
Over the same time period, American white supremacists and other rightwing extremists have carried out attacks that left at least 329 victims dead, according to the database.
Antifa is a convenient bogeyman……they can lie about these protesters like they have always lied about this they do not agree with…….
People continued to resist fascism, as this poisonous political plant took root in Latin America and thrived under Franco in Spain. Many leftists who fought these fascists did not call themselves antifa – but that’s what they were. Antifascism was and remains a frame of mind and a determination to act morally – against fascism.
So it was something of a surprise in the early twenty-first century to see antifascists smeared as dangerous, violent thugs. This reactionary recasting of an old struggle reached its zenith in 2020, when Donald Trump, a demagogue with fascist leanings, announced that he would designate antifa a domestic terror organization. No matter that doing so is probably illegal. No matter that antifa is not an organization. These people who fight fascism must be put down by the police, Trump said. And then, in Portland, Oregon, he proceeded, probably illegally, to do so.
The good news is that all those anarchist, the Moms, the Dads and the Vets have helped end the siege of Portland by Trump’s secret police……
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown says she has reached a deal with administration officials that will see the “occupying force” of federal agents removed from downtown Portland. Brown said Wednesday that agents from the US Marshals Service and US Customs and Border Protection will begin a phased withdrawal Thursday and Federal Protective Service officers at the city’s federal courthouse will be bolstered by state troopers instead, the Oregonian reports. Brown said the agents “refused accountability and brought strife to our community” during nightly confrontations with protesters. Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler—who was tear-gassed by federal agents last week—hailed what he called the end of an “illegal occupation.”
Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf confirmed that an agreement had been made, although he described it in very different terms. “We are not removing any law enforcement while our facilities and law enforcement remain under attack,” he tweeted Wednesday. But “the state of Oregon is finally agreeing to cooperate with our federal forces,” he said in a second tweet, “exactly what we asked for since the nightly violence broke out two months ago.” He added: “We’re glad Oregon is now correcting their months long error.” President Trump said Wednesday that agents would remain in Portland until local authorities “secured” the city, the AP reports. “Either they’re gonna clean up Portland soon, or the federal government is going up, and we’re gonna do it for them,” he said.
Wolf will say whatever Trump wants him to say….he is that much of a puppet.
I Read, I Write, You Know
“lego ergo scribo”