Saturday that other guy that was president return to the rally circuit….and as usual he rambled and babbled for an hour and a half….and the peasants rejoiced.
Donald Trump on Saturday pushed Republicans to support candidates who are loyal to him in next year’s midterm elections as the former president launched a new more active phase of his post presidency. Trump, 74, teased the prospect of another presidential bid of his own in 2024, but vowed first to be an active presence on the campaign trail for those who share his values in next year’s fight for control of Congress. “The survival of America depends on our ability to elect Republicans at every level starting with the midterms next year,” Trump charged early in what the AP describes as a rambling speech that spanned nearly an hour and a half. Standout details:
- Trump’s speech to an estimated 1,200 Republican officials, activists, and supporters gathered for the North Carolina GOP convention in Greenville was the opening appearance in what is expected to be a new phase of rallies and public events. His advisers are already eyeing subsequent appearances in Ohio, Florida, Alabama, and Georgia to help bolster midterm candidates and energize voters.
- Invited to the stage briefly during his remarks, Trump daughter-in-law and North Carolina native Lara Trump announced she would not run for the Senate because of family obligations. “I am saying no for now, not no forever,” Lara Trump said.
- Minutes later, Trump announced his endorsement of loyalist Rep. Ted Budd in the crowded Republican primary, adding a slap at former Gov. Pat McCrory, who has been critical of Trump’s falsehoods about the 2020 election. “You can’t pick people who have already lost two races and do not stand for our values,” Trump said. McCrory served as the North Carolina governor from 2013 to 2017, but lost elections before and after his term.
- Trump focused his early remarks on President Biden, referring to “the most radical left-wing administration in history. … As we gather tonight our country is being destroyed before our very eyes.” The former president waited more than an hour to reference the 2020 election, which he described as “the crime of the century.”
- The Guardian reports he also went after Anthony Fauci, whom he called “not a great doctor but a great promoter. … He’s been wrong on almost every issue and he was wrong on Wuhan and the lab also,” Trump said.
- The Hill reports Trump zeroed in on China, its pandemic role, and what he believes it owes us. “The time has come for America and the world to demand reparations and accountability,” he said. “China must pay, they must pay.” More specifically, he believes the world should give China a bill for a minimum of $10 trillion. “The damage is far, far greater than that,” Trump said. “As a first step, all countries should collectively cancel any debt they owe to China as a down payment on reparations.”
The lies and bullsh*t has begun again.
All in all it was an hour and a half of hate and lies…..and the peasants rejoiced.
A pathetic display by a master of pathetic displays.
Watch This Blog!
I Read, I Write, You Know
“lego ergo scribo”