Let The Stupidity Begin!
The day most anticipated by the MSM for they could analyze it to death while accomplishing little…..I called it a circus and I was not mistaken….those GOP clowns do know how to look more moronic by the day.
All the proposed antics and sedition that the GOP had promised over the election begun yesterday…..and it did not fail to produce the stupid that is the GOP and its supporters.
The joint session of Congress began at 1200 hrs ET and from the very beginning the stupid antics from the GOP……
The joint session of the House and Senate convened Wednesday to count the Electoral College votes, and within 15 minutes the first objection was logged: Republicans objected to election tally in Arizona to lengthy applause in the chamber, forcing votes in the House and Senate on Joe Biden’s victory in the state. The chambers broke off to separately debate the objection, but both chambers abruptly went into recess when pro-Trump protesters stormed the Capitol building. More:
- The AP reports the Arizona objection was made by Arizona Rep. Paul Gosar and signed by Texas Sen. Ted Cruz. The Arizona Republic reports Gosar said his objection had the signatures of 60 of his colleagues. As for Biden’s win in the state, he took it by more than 10,000 votes. Eight lawsuits challenging his win there have failed.
- During the Arizona debate in the Senate, Mitch McConnell issued a rebuke of the Republican challenge. CNN quotes him as saying, “This will be the most important vote I’ve ever cast. … If this election were overturned by mere allegations from the losing side, our democracy would enter a death spiral. We’d never see our country accept an election again. Every four years would be a scramble for power. At any cost.”
- In his argument, which he said more generally applied to all the states that would be challenged Wednesday, Sen. Cruz push for Congress to delay action for a 10-day period during which an emergency electoral commission would be able to conduct audits and investigations related to the selected states. NPR reports Cruz noted there was precedent, which is true: Amid accusations of fraud, a commission of five members of each chamber and five Supreme Court justices did this following the 1876 election that pitted Rutherford B. Hayes against Samuel Tilden. NPR, however, explains there are “crucial differences” between the two situations; read about them here.
- Roughly an hour before the much-awaited joint session of Congress began, President Trump began addressing a Washington, DC, rally in his favor, and put forth the assertion he has long made: He won. The Washington Post has select remarks: “We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn’t happen. You don’t concede when there’s theft involved,” a reference to fraudulent vote counts. “We won this election, and we won it by a landslide. This was not a close election.”
Alabama and Alaska were won by Trump–no challenge and then Arizona was next up and the bullshit began…..
The Senate was gaveled back into session shortly after 8pm, about six hours after pro-Trump protesters forced them to flee the Capitol. “Let’s get back to work,” Vice President Mike Pence told senators after condemning the day’s violence, per ABC News. The House also returned, with the goal of finishing the task of certifying the electoral college results in a matter of hours. “Violence never wins,” Pence said from the dais, reports the Washington Post. “Freedom wins. And this is still the people’s house.”
The first order of business was to finish up debating the challenge already raised to Arizona’s results, and the Senate overwhelmingly rejected the objection in a 93-6 vote. The AP notes that those 6 votes came from Republicans, but noted other GOP senators (it names Steve Daines of Montana, Mike Braun of Indiana, and Kelly Loeffler of Georgia) who had indicated they would join them changed their minds after the storming of the Capitol. The House followed suit, 303-121. It’s possible that no further challenges will emerge, or at least fewer challenges than originally planned. Sen. Josh Hawley indicated he would object to the Electoral College results in Pennsylvania as he previously said he would.
A riddle–what is 1000s strong and has the IQ of 10?
Easy–a Trump rally!
The rabid throngs of morons rush the Capitol and breached the police line and entered the building….
The certification of the election results Wednesday came to an abrupt and shocking halt amid scenes of chaos after pro-President Trump protesters stormed the Capitol building. The House and Senate sessions debating an objection to Arizona’s result were gaveled out and both chambers were locked down before lawmakers were evacuated and Vice President Mike Pence, who was presiding over the joint session, and Sen. Charles Grassley, the Senate president pro tempore, were rushed to a secure location, NBC reports. It wasn’t clear when it would be possible to resume proceedings. More:
- The New York Times reports that Sen. Mitt Romney yelled “This is what you’ve gotten, guys,” apparently addressing Republican colleagues who supported Trump’s unfounded claims that the election was stolen.
- The Washington Post reports that the entire Washington, DC, National Guard has now been activated, a total of 1,100 guardsmen.
- Rep. Kevin McCarthy, the top House Republican, condemned the invasion. “This is so un-American,” he said. “I could not be sadder or more disappointed at the way our country looks at this very moment. He added: “This is not the American way. This is not protected by the First Amendment. This must stop now.” Another Republican, Rep Adam Kinzinger, denounced what he called a “coup attempt.”
- The Times reports that the chaotic scenes inside the Capitol included looting, with protesters storming House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s offices and ripping photos off walls.
- Trump tweeted a call for protesters to remain peaceful, but did not tell them to disperse, while Pence urged protesters to leave the building immediately. “The violence and destruction taking place at the US Capitol Must Stop and it Must Stop Now,” he tweeted.
There is an update to the protests…..
Wild scenes in Washington, DC: Protesters have now breached the US Capitol building, with members of Congress inside the House chamber being told by police to don gas masks from under their seats due to tear gas that had been used in the Capitol Rotunda, reports the AP. The building has been placed on lockdown, Mike Pence has been removed from the Senate chamber, and the electoral college debates have been halted, reports the Hill. More:
- HuffPo political reporter Igor Bobic is tweeting about the chaotic scene, writing that some protesters got on scaffolding outside the Senate and used it to reach second floor windows, which they started banging on; the area looks like the area where McConnell’s office is located, he noted. He separately shared a photo of a huge Confederate flag being carried outside the Senate chamber then tweeted they actually made it into the chamber. “One [protester] is up on the dais yelling ‘Trump won that election!’ This is insane,” he wrote.
- CNN separately reported that an “armed standoff” was occurring at the House front door as of 3pm ET; the AP has a photo of police officers with their guns drawn as someone seems to attempt to breach it. The New York Times reports the door seemed to be barricaded using a desk.
- This after hundreds of people stormed metal barricades Wednesday, the Washington Post reports. The pro-President Trump protesters, some yelling “Forward!” toppled the barricades after marching from the Ellipse following a speech from Trump. KHOU reports that Capitol Police officers in riot gear tried to hold protesters back and used pepper spray after the crowd began charging officers.
- Around 2:30pm ET DC Mayor Muriel Bowser instituted a citywide curfew that will go info effect at 6pm and run for 12 hours.
- Police initially evacuated at least two buildings in the Capitol complex “due to police activity” as protests raged, including the building that houses the Library of Congress, the AP reports
The tale is that a protesting woman was shot at the protests at the Capitol yesterday…..
A woman was fatally shot at the US Capitol on Wednesday as dozens of supporters of President Trump clashed with police as they stormed the building, CBS reports. The woman was taken to a nearby hospital in critical condition, per reports. NBC later reported that she died. The exact circumstances around the shooting are unclear, per WUSA, which reports that it occurred as Trump supporters were trying to break into the House Chamber. A tweeted video shows the gunshot victim being put into an ambulance. More than five people had been hospitalized with injuries connected to the storming of the Capitol as of Wednesday afternoon, according to CBS. Sources tell CNN that multiple Capitol Police officers were injured in the chaos and at least one has been hospitalized.
Personally, these protesters are committing sedition and every damn one of them should be arrested and charged as such.
This is treason what the GOP and its drooling morons are committing…..MAKE THEM PAY for their violation of the laws.
I Read, I Write, You KNow
“lego ergo scribo”