I use to blog about food, Food Nazi was the title of that site….I covered all foods and trends.
From time to time I write about the subjects here on IST…the fads, the trends and the news about food.
In these days of people putting emphasis on the body image there has come out many new diets and fast….the newest one I read about is called the Daniel Fast……(for your “good” Christians this is biblical based fast)….
The Daniel Fast has grown in popularity following an endorsement from Chris Pratt in early 2019. This short-term fasting approach is actually based on a passage in the Bible. Unlike other fasting methods, the Daniel Fast restricts what you can eat rather than when you eat. It’s essentially a vegan diet without any sugars, refined carbs, caffeine, or alcohol. So what can you eat on the Daniel Fast then? Here’s what you need to know.
The Daniel Fast is a method of spiritual fasting based on the prophet Daniel’s experience fasting according to the book of Daniel in the Bible. There are two passages in specific that the Daniel Fast is based on:
All that is well and good….but the Hell can you eat?
Ask and thou shalt receive…..
- Whole grains: Barley, brown rice, buckwheat, farro, grits, millet, oats, popcorn, quinoa, rice cakes, rye, sorghum, spelt, whole wheat, whole-wheat pasta, and wild rice.
- Beans and legumes: Black beans, black-eyed peas, cannellini beans, garbanzo beans (chickpeas), great northern beans, kidney beans, lentils, peanuts, pinto beans, and split peas.
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, natural nut butters (no additives), peanuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, pistachios, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, soy nuts sunflower seeds, and walnuts.
- Vegetables: All vegetables whether fresh, frozen, dried, juiced, or canned.
- Fruits: All fruit whether fresh, frozen, dried, juiced, or canned (so long as it doesn’t contain added sugar).
- Oils: Oils can be used minimally, but not for deep-frying.
- Herbs, spices, and seasonings: Includes salt and pepper.
- Soy products: All soy products including tofu.
- Unleavened bread: Whole grain breads made without yeast, sugars, or preservatives.
- Water: Distilled, filtered, sparkling, spring, and mineral waters allowed.
- 100-percent fruit juice: Natural, 100-percent fruit juice is allowed but should be had sparingly
All that and it sounds like vegan to me…..but everybody thinks their silly plan is the best.
Another fad that will good away…..
I eat my usual stuff in moderation and I am doing well and healthy.
If this “fast” is not to your liking maybe the EU has something for you……
Mealworms got approval for EU plates Wednesday from the European Food Safety Agency (EFSA), based in Italy’s city of Parma — better known for its tasty pasta, tomatoes, ham and cheese.
Actually larvae of the darkling beetle (Tenebrio molitor) and typically fed to pet reptiles and fish, the yellow grubs could soon be the first “novel food” cleared for sale across the EU, assuming the European Commission adds its endorsement.
Rich in protein, fat and fiber, they could be eaten whole or as a powdered ingredient in snacks and noodles, assuming their original fodder was free of contaminants, concluded the Italy-based EU agency.
Now does that not sound just yummy as Hell?
Please see your doctor before you try any drastic diet or fast to make sure it will not be disastrous for you.
Be Well….Be Safe….
I Read, I Write, You Know
“lego ergo scribo”