The big story still is that Trump has commuted Roger Stone’s conviction…..
As the Washington Post notes, the last disclosed cognitive test for the president was in January 2018, and that was a fairly basic 10-minute exam in which people are asked to identify animals in pictures and such. It’s unclear if Trump took a more recent exam. Biden, for his part, said Thursday that he can’t wait to debate Trump, referencing Trump’s description of himself as a “stable genius,” per NBC News. At 77, Biden is three years older than Trump, and he said in response to a reporter’s question last month that he is “constantly” tested for cognitive decline, prompting Hannity and other Trump allies to wonder why Biden felt it was necessary to be tested so much, per Fox News. “Look, all you gotta do is watch me, and I can hardly wait to compare my cognitive capability to the cognitive capability of the man I’m running against,” Biden said at the time.
- Mitt Romney: “Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying to shield that very president.”
- The Washington Post editorial board: “The United States is supposed to be a place in which laws apply equally to all. And while it never has—and never will—live up to that ideal in full, no modern president before Mr. Trump has so clearly renounced it.”
- Jonathan Bernstein, Bloomberg: “Clemency for a crony convicted of interfering with an investigation of presidential malfeasance is a flagrant abuse of power. President Richard Nixon wasn’t willing to pardon the Watergate criminals who broke into Democratic Party offices in the run-up to the 1972 presidential campaign because he knew how bad it would look.”
- Jeffrey Toobin, New Yorker: “Trump had not, until now, used pardons and commutations to reward defendants who possessed incriminating information against him. The Stone commutation isn’t just a gift to an old friend—it is a reward to Stone for keeping his mouth shut during the Mueller investigation.”
- Corey Lewandowski: “Look, Roger Stone was clearly targeted by an unfair prosecution,” he told Fox News. “Look, I’m not the biggest fan of Roger Stone. … But, the way he was treated by this government should scare the hell out of every American.”
- President Trump: “Roger Stone was targeted by an illegal Witch Hunt that never should have taken place. It is the other side that are criminals, including Biden and Obama, who spied on my campaign—AND GOT CAUGHT!”
My thoughts is seriously?
Trump telegraphed what he was going to do….and yet the media makes it out as soon sort of surprise…..yet another story that the media will milk for every drop of analysis out of…..look at the BLM…it is still going on but it is NOT all that important to the media.
My advice….LET IT GO!
We knew what Trump is going to do….now move on to something truly important…..
I Read, I Write, You Know
“lego ergo scribo”