Sunday, the world is still on fire geopolitically and I do not want to post about that…how about a few thoughts of unreported news?
Ever farted in public?
I have….and can be so satisfying unless you live in Scotland…..
Well, he got his answer. The Scotsman reports a 28-year-old was earlier this month sentenced to 75 hours of unpaid work after farting three times in the presence of police and asking, “How do you like that?” The incident began in the wake of a car crash in Aberdeen. Police responding to the scene found Stuart Cook speaking to another driver. Officers say they smelled pot on Cook; a search of his person and car turned up a small quantity of cannabis.
He reportedly yelled at officers as he was handcuffed and taken to Kittybrewster police station, where his situation didn’t improve: He was instructed to bend over as part of a strip search, and the court heard Cook intentionally farted three times in the direction of the officer, asking, “How do you like that?” His lawyer said he felt the officers’ treatment of him was an overreaction.
That brings me to another fart story….ever thought about winning the Lawsuit Lotto? This man sued for seven figures over his boss’ farts.
Let’s talk food…..the new trend/fad here in the US is “meatless meat”…..the Plant based Whopper for instance….personally I want a burger with lots of meat and mayo….but how is the “new” burger taking hold?
Fake meat is having a huge moment right now. With massive financial gains, brands like Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods are creating an entirely new — and thriving — market.
But not everybody is on board with veggie burgers that aren’t entirely “veggie,” as Vox reports, with critics arguing that fake meat is unhealthy and goes against the idea of consuming “whole,” GMO-free foods.
CEOs of major corporations including Whole Foods and Chipotle have dismissed the plant-based meats as far too processed — a valid criticism considering how companies produce the meatless products flooding the markets right now.
As long as we talking food here…..this is something my reader can actually use….
In closing I share my Fried Green Tomatoes recipe with my readers…..use to be I could only enjoy these in the Tomato season of Summer now with globalization I can enjoy anytime….
- 2 med green tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 water
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil (any oil is acceptable…I use Grape seed on occasion)
- Slice green tomatoes to desired thickness (I like mine thinner).
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and water. (sometimes I use an Italian seasoning in the egg mixture for a change of pace)
- In a separate small bowl, combine Romano cheese, almond flour.
- First dip one slice of tomato into the egg wash, then place it in the flour mixture coating it on both sides.
- Repeat this step making sure the “flour” coating is covering all of the tomato.
- Continue until all the sliced tomatoes are coated and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- When the grease is good in hot (but not too hot), place 4-5 of the tomato slices in the pan.
- Cook them for roughly 3 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom side.
- Flip them over and cook another 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Repeat this with the next batch of tomatoes until all the sliced tomatoes are cooked.
- Serve immediately. I like a sauce of ketchup, mayo and horseradish. and a little garlic.
Please enjoy the recipe….
“Lego Ergo Scribo”
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks to all those regulars that spent time with me and IST….your visits are much appreciated.
Be well, Be safe