I know what to pick since every time they open their mouths stupid flies out.
This may become a regular post for IST….we need to know the level of stupid that one party can sink to….
Let’s start with Minority leader in the Senate….McConnell……
The big issue for the Senate is the filibuster…..
Abolishing the filibuster is not a road Democrats should even consider going down, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell warned Tuesday. The Republican said that if Democrats do away with the legislative filibuster, as some progressives are pushing for, the Senate would become a “100-car pileup.” He vowed that Republicans would bring the chamber to a standstill by withdrawing consent on routine issues. “Nobody serving in this chamber can even begin … to imagine what a completely scorched-earth Senate would look like,” McConnell said, per the New York Times. “None of us have served one minute in a Senate that was completely drained of comity, and this is an institution that requires unanimous consent to turn the lights on before noon.”
McConnell’s warning came the day after Sen. Dick Durbin said the filibuster, which requires most legislation get at least 60 votes to pass, was “making a mockery of American democracy” and should be abolished, Axios reports. McConnell said that if Democrats get rid of the filibuster and Republicans regain the majority, they would erase liberal policies and bring in “all kinds of conservative policies with zero, zero input from the other side.” Abolishing the legislative filibuster would require 50 Democratic votes, and Sens. Krysten Sinema and Joe Manchin have said they would oppose the move, the Hill reports. When asked earlier this month if he would reconsider, Manchin told a reporter, “Never! Jesus Christ, what don’t you understand about ‘never’?”
Once again this is about party and not the country…..typical for a group that lies continuously about their love of the country.
Then their is one of Wisconsin’s senators, Ron Johnson, trying to defend his wildly racist statement….
Republican Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin took much flak last week when he told interviewer Joe Pags that he was never concerned about his safety during the Capitol riot. “Now, had the tables been turned—Joe, this could get me in trouble—had the tables been turned, and President Trump won the election, and those were tens of thousands of Black Lives Matter and antifa protesters, I might have been a little concerned,” said Johnson. Critics accused him of racism, but Johnson is now defending himself in a Wall Street Journal op-ed headlined “I Won’t Be Silenced by the Left.” For starters, Johnson argues that the vast majority of those at the Capitol on Jan. 6 were peaceful protesters, and he accuses Democrats “and their media allies” are pushing a false narrative that “all present were ‘armed insurrectionists’ determined to overthrow the government.”
These “false narratives” extend to BLM protests in various US cities throughout 2020, Johnson writes. He argues they were more violent and destructive than his critics are willing to acknowledge. “It was also sadly predictable that liberals would hurl the accusation of racism,” he writes. “This isn’t about race. It’s about riots. The rioters who burned Kenosha weren’t of any one ethnicity; they were united by their radical leftism.” Read his full column. For a counterpoint, see Chris Cillizza at CNN, who thinks it’s ridiculous to argue that BLM protests were more dangerous than the Capitol riot. For him it boils down to this: “The vast majority of rioters on January 6 were White. The crowds at the Black Lives Matter protests in the summer of 2020 were not predominantly White. That’s it. That’s the difference Johnson is talking about.” Read Cillizza’s column.
My thought if this turd did not fear the crowd then why not show leadership and try to calm the situation…..or is it that he agreed with their insurrection?
More Ronnie lunacy…..
Let’s move to the games being played in the House…..
Since the GOP is afraid to attack the success that Biden has had they choose to go South to the border….
The pandemic may still be issue No. 1, but another topic is fast becoming a major issue for both parties—the border. Republicans say looser immigration policies under President Biden have created a crisis, while Democrats blame Donald Trump for leaving behind a broken system. Coverage:
- GOP critics: “There’s no other way to claim it than a Biden border crisis,” said House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy upon a visit to Texas on Monday, per USA Today. McCarthy said border patrol agents told him suspected terrorists were trying to cross, and Newsweek reports that GOP Rep. John Katko echoed that claim.
- Pushback: Democrats disputed the allegations about terrorists and demanded evidence, reports the Washington Post. “Weird as the Chairman of the subcommittee on Intelligence and Special Operations and a border state member of Congress haven’t heard anything about this,” tweeted Rep. Ruben Gallego, an Arizona Democrat. “Gonna ask for a briefing. Pretty sure he is either wrong or lying,” he said of McCarthy.
- The politics: NBC News sees this as a strategic shift by Republicans to turn immigration into a hot topic ahead of the 2022 midterms. That makes sense given that Biden is getting generally high marks for his handling of the pandemic, notes an analysis at the Post. “The Republicans will turn around and use this for a political weapon against Democrats—that we’re weak on the border, we’re not doing enough, we’re letting everybody in,” says moderate Texas Democrat Henry Cuellar. “I’ve been warning the party and the administration: Don’t let this get out of hand, because all you’re going to do is you’re going to give Republicans an issue.”
- Democrats, too: Cuellar isn’t the only Democrat worried, notes the Hill. “Whatever message was sent—it was sure interpreted the wrong way,” says West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin, referring to Biden’s unwinding of some Trump immigration laws. “It’s a crisis—oh, it’s a crisis.” In terms of signals from Biden, Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said last week that Central Americans “see him as the migrant president.”
- Numbers up: Illegal crossings are way up since Biden became president. More than 100,000 detentions were logged in February, up 28% from the previous month. And as of Sunday, the Border Patrol was holding 4,200 unaccompanied minors, up 31% from the previous week, reports CBS News. (The issue of minors is particularly acute.)
- In defense: “The Biden administration is trying to fix the broken system that was left to them by the Trump administration,” Nancy Pelosi said Sunday House press chief Jen Psaki told reporters Monday that the administration is facing “a significant problem and a significant challenge, and I think we haven’t … been hiding about that.”
They have NOTHING else. So they will return to the lies and misinformation on the border…..it is easier than having policies.
Move to the state of Alaska…..and the GOP vs Murkowski…..
The Alaska Republican Party previously censured Sen. Lisa Murkowski for voting to convict former President Trump after his impeachment trial and now doesn’t want her to identity as a GOP candidate in next year’s election, a member of the party’s State Central Committee said Tuesday. “The party does not want Lisa Murkowski to be a Republican candidate,” said Tuckerman Babcock, immediate past chairman of the state party. The vote to censure Murkowski was 53-17 at a Saturday meeting in Anchorage, he said. “It went further than censure, which was strong,” Babcock said. “But it also directed the party officials to recruit an opponent in the election and to the extent legally permissible, prevent Lisa Murkowski from running as a Republican in any election.”
The censure resolution also faulted Murkowski for supporting Rep. Deb Haaland as Interior secretary and for demanding Trump’s resignation after the riot at the Capitol. It’s a watershed moment for GOP politics in Alaska, the AP reports. Murkowski has been in the Senate since 2002, when her father, former Sen. Frank Murkowski, selected her to finish his unexpired term after he was elected governor. A Murkowski has represented Alaska in the US Senate since 1981. Babcock said he couldn’t speak about how the party will recruit a candidate, but said he would wait to see who Trump might endorse in the race and see if that person is a viable candidate. Murkowski hasn’t said whether she will seek another term in 2022. In 2010, she won as a write-in candidate after losing the Republican primary.
I say screw them….she should do what her conscience tells her to do….something the GOP cannot tolerate….a thinking politician.
Then there is the idiot from Arkansas, Tom Cotton, who has a hard on from Columbia University for their graduation ceremonies….
Republican Sen. Tom Cotton caused an uproar Tuesday by blasting the multicultural graduation ceremonies offered by Columbia University as “segregation.” He was apparently outraged by a Fox story that said the university would host “six separate graduation ceremonies based on income level, race, ethnicities.” Cotton and other commenters seemed to believe the university was separating students by race and income for different commencement ceremonies, when the different ceremonies are in fact optional additions to the main April 30 commencement ceremony and have been offered for years at Columbia and many other universities, the Columbia Spectator reports. Cotton slammed Columbia as a “woke university embracing segregation” and said it was part of a bigger “problem” that also involved schools, corporate HR departments, and the Biden administration.
The six extra ceremonies at Columbia, which do not overlap with each other or with the main ceremony, include Native, Asian, Latino, and Black graduations, along with the Lavender graduation for LGBT students and one for first-generation, low-income students, USA Today reports. Members of the latter group spent years pushing for their own ceremony before the first one was held in 2017, the Spectator notes. Columbia tweeted that the separate ceremonies, which will be held virtually this year, are voluntary and in most cases “evolved from ceremonies originally created by students and alumni.” Fortune reports that Columbia chemical engineering professor Faye McNeill strongly criticized the “disingenuous and bile-filled” take on graduation events. “It takes a special kind of negativity” to target these events, especially after the very difficult year students have just endured, McNeill tweeted.
Seems the GOP is still rudderless as always…..and they continue to play games instead of formulating policies to move this country forward.
Most are motivated by hate disguised as concern for the country.
Time for Americans to kick these useless slugs out of government and never let them return.
Watch This Blog!
I Read, I Write, You Know
“lego ergo scribo”