This time around Dems cannot blame the Green Party for their loss…..but they will look until they find someone to blame to their lack of a real plan for this nation.
The Dems lost some seats in the House and failed to turn the Senate blue so as per usual the Moderates started blaming everybody for the losses and the “Progressives” take the brunt of their attacks.
They say that issues like Medicare For All and the Green New Deal were labelled by Repubs as “socialism” and the moderates lost their edge…..
AOC made some excellent points about the allegations by the Gutless Centrists….
- Progressives aren’t to blame for the party’s congressional losses, a narrative centrists have argued. The election showed that “progressive policies do not hurt candidates, Ocasio-Cortez said, adding the example that “every single candidate that co-sponsored Medicare for All in a swing district kept their seat.”
- The party’s operation deserves blame. “There’s a reason Barack Obama built an entire national campaign apparatus outside of the Democratic National Committee,” she said, adding that “the party—in and of itself—does not have the core competencies, and no amount of money is going to fix that.” When Obama’s organization faded away, she said, “we lost House majorities.”
- Republican success in the messaging battle can be traced to Democrats’ weak online presence. In fact, “Our party isn’t even online, not in a real way that exhibits competence,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “I don’t think anybody who is not on the internet in a real way in the Year of our Lord 2020 and loses an election can blame anyone else.”
- Joe Biden’s transition decisions will show how open his administration will be to progressives. If it’s not, “we’re going to lose,” she said. “It’s really hard for us to turn out nonvoters when they feel like nothing changes for them.”
- The significance of Biden’s election is that “we aren’t in a free fall to hell anymore.” But that doesn’t mean the nation is out of the woods yet. “Whether we’re going to pick ourselves up or not is the lingering question,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “We paused this precipitous descent.”
I agree with her thoughts…..Progressives are not to blame….Centrist Dems are terrible candidates and cowards.
First the Moderates/Centrists are so lame they could not defend themselves and now they want to blame others for the pussy ass campaigns….typical Centrist cowardice.
But let’s look at the issues that they are blaming for their losses…..M4A and Green New Deal……
Here are the facts:
►112 co-sponsors of Medicare for All were on the ballot in November. All 112 of them won their races.
►98 co-sponsors of the Green New Deal were on the ballot in November. Only one of them have lost an election.
Bernie has written an op-ed in USA Today shooting down all the accusations by the gutless spineless Centrists…..
You’re reading the Opposing View, one of two perspectives in Today’s Debate.
I am very proud of the hard work that the progressive community put into electing Joe Biden as our next president.
And let’s be clear: This election was not just a normal election between two candidates. It was much more important than that. It was an election about retaining our democracy, preserving the rule of law, believing in science and ending pathological lying in the White House. And with a record-breaking turnout, the American people voted to reject President Donald Trump’s racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, religious bigotry and authoritarianism. That is very good news.
Even so, truth be told, the election results in the House and Senate were disappointing. Despite Joe Biden winning the popular vote by more than 5 million votes, the Democrats lost seats in the House and, so far, have only picked up one seat in the Senate.
Now, with the blame game erupting, corporate Democrats are attacking so-called far-left policies like Medicare for All and the Green New Deal for election defeats in the House and the Senate. They are dead wrong.
I agree with Bernie….the DNC needs to pull it’s head out of corporate America’s ass and start representing the people that vote for them and not the free lunches they get with the wealthy.
Then there is the Media…..they have been pushing Biden even before he announced and gave Centrist candidates far more exposure than any of the true progressives…..and they continued their assault on progressives by helping the cowards centrists blame others fir their failures…..
In a write-up about the call, the Washington Post‘s Rachael Bade and Erica Werner (11/5/20) quoted and paraphrased 14 sources blaming those who “endorse far-left positions” for Democrats’ losses, counterbalanced by only four sources defending the left. All of the progressive sources were named; half of the establishment sources were either quoted anonymously or presented as unspecified “moderates”—or, twice, simply as “Democrats,” committing the exasperatingly common journalistic sleight-of-hand that erases progressive Democrats as legitimate members of their party.
In addition to quoting a handful of participants on the call, Bade and Werner interviewed numerous “moderates” for the article (“Several moderate Democrats said in interviews…”), but only managed to interview two progressives: Alexandra Rojas, head of the leftist PAC Justice Democrats, along with Rep. Jared Huffman, a member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus—who took the side of the centrists.
The MSM is still NOT a source for accuracy and facts….
Before some lame Centrist tries to equate me with a Bernie supporter……you are WRONG. I like some of his ideas but he is too damn old…..if I were going to vote for an Old Fart I would have chosen Biden…..BTW I dd not vote for him (before they ask)…..
I Read, I Write, You Know
“lego ergo scribo”