For months the media has been pushing this person or that toward Biden for his consideration as his running mate in November…..mercifully they can cease the speculation.
Biden has made his choice and Kamala Harris is the “chosen one”….and as I said in the past posts Kamala Harris is the perfect centrist person of the ones the media pushed for Biden.
The Democratic ticket in November will be Biden-Harris. After months of speculation that Joe Biden was most likely to pick Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate, the presumptive Democratic nominee confirmed it Tuesday, the BBC reports. If elected, Harris will become the first female, first Black, and first Asian American vice president, reports NBC. “You make a lot of important decisions as president. But the first one is who you select to be your Vice President,” Biden said in an email to supporters. “I’ve decided that Kamala Harris is the best person to help me take this fight to Donald Trump and Mike Pence and then to lead this nation starting in January 2021.”
In a tweet, Biden described his former rival as “a fearless fighter for the little guy, and one of the country’s finest public servants.” Harris and Biden are expected to speak in Wilmington Wednesday. The AP reports that Biden picked the 55-year-old Harris after an “expansive” search that also looked at Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Reps. Val Demings and Karen Bass, Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, and former Obama national security adviser Susan Rice. Rice congratulated Harris Tuesday, calling her a “tenacious and trailblazing leader.”
And of course Trump had something to say (or should I say Tweet?)…….
Trump slams “radical” Harris. President Trump tweeted a video Tuesday that portrayed Harris as part of the “radical left.” At a White House briefing Tuesday, the president said he was “a little surprised” that Biden had picked somebody who was so “disrespectful” to him in the primaries, the AP reports. “She was my No. 1 draft pick and we’ll see how she works out,” Trump said.
Radical? Only a moron would label Harris a radical…she is not a radical! Nor progressive! She is a typical spineless centrist…the perfect running mate for Biden…..period!
More thoughts on Biden’s pick……
Obama: She’s “more than prepared.” Barack Obama tweeted in support of Biden’s choice, saying he has known Harris for a long time and she is “more than prepared for the job.” “She’s spent her career defending our Constitution and fighting for folks who need a fair shake,” Obama said. “This is a good day for our country. Now let’s go win this thing.”
- “She worked closely with Beau.” In a tweet Tuesday, Biden noted that Harris had worked closely with his late son Beau Biden, who served as Delaware’s attorney general. “I watched as they took on the big banks, lifted up working people, and protected women and kids from abuse,” he said. “I was proud then, and I’m proud now to have her as my partner in this campaign.”
- Liberals have their doubts. The Washington Post notes that liberal Democrats concerned by Harris’ record as a prosecutor “have criticized her past stances as too harsh and contend that her record does not meet a moment when police misconduct has rocketed into the national conversation.” But she has also “been a forceful advocate for Black families” during the pandemic, “and she helped draft a bill ending qualified immunity for police,” leading some skeptics to soften their stances.
- Where she stands. Politico rounds up Harris’ stances on key issues including policing, immigration, and health care. She supported “Medicare for All” during the Democratic primaries, but later backtracked.
- Her background. The Washington Postlooks at the early life of Harris, the daughter of a Jamaican father and an Indian mother. She grew up in a “mostly white world”—until she attended a historically Black university in Washington, DC.
- Pence: “See you in Salt Lake City!” Mike Pence, who will debate Harris in Utah on Oct. 7, attacked her Tuesday for being part of the “radical left” that is calling for “higher taxes, open borders, socialized medicine, and abortion on demand.” He added: “So my message to the Democratic nominee for vice president: Congratulations. I’ll see you in Salt Lake City!”
- Advice from Sarah Palin. Sarah Palin, John McCain’s running mate in 2008, offered Harris some advice, the Hill reports. She urged Harris to connect with voters in “her own unique way” and not to “get muzzled.” “So stay connected with America as you smile and ignore deceptive ‘handlers’ trying to change you.” Geraldine Ferraro, the only other woman to have been on a major-party presidential ticket, died in 2011.
There we have our tickets for November…Biden/Harris versus Trump/Pence
I Read, I Write, You Know
“lego ergo scribo”