Same Song Different Day.
I did something yesterday that I am not proud of doing….I watch Trump’s latest “I am the greatest tour”…his 75 minute press conference. This is my first and definitely my last Trump news conference unless something major is about to happen….I had never heard such egocentric babbling in a very long time.
Before I go…..let me give you a short synopsis of the time in Hell…..the lines that got the most chuckles out of me. I did not listen for policy but rather the tone and the words…..I was not disappointed….just a list of the lines that I found laughable.
President Trump held forth with reporters at a lengthy news conference Thursday afternoon, defending his first weeks in office and again going after the media over “fake news.” A sampling, via the Washington Post, the Guardian, and the New York Times:
- On his White House: “I open the paper and I see stories of chaos, chaos. It’s the exact opposite. This administration is running like a fine-tuned machine, despite not being able to get my Cabinet approved.”
- On his progress: “I don’t think there’s ever been a president elected who in this short period of time has done what we have done.”
- On the travel ban: “We had a very smooth rollout of the travel ban, but we had a bad court. We got a bad decision.”
- A swipe at Obama? “To be honest, I inherited a mess. It’s a mess. At home and abroad, it’s a mess. Jobs are pouring out of the country.”
- On Michael Flynn: The ousted NSA chief is a “fine person,” but “he didn’t tell the vice president of the United States the facts. And then he didn’t remember. And that just wasn’t acceptable to me.”
- On the media: “The press has become so dishonest that if we don’t talk about it we are doing a tremendous disservice to the American people. The press are out of control. The level of dishonesty is out of control.”
- On Russia: The Russia story “is a ruse. … I have nothing to do with Russia.”
- On leaks/fake news: “The leaks are real, but the news is fake.”
- To an African-American reporter: “Are they friends of yours?” when she asked about the Congressional Black Caucus.
- On “dreamers”: “We are going to deal with DACA with heart,” he said of the Obama program to protect undocumented immigrants brought to the US as kids.
- On himself: “I’m not a bad person by the way. … I do get good ratings.”
Don’t fret, you Trump worshipers, there will plenty of others that will contradict me…..and they you will believe….(go figure)…..
After only a month and I have had enough foolishness from the White House….
Again the movie “Idiocracy” comes to mind……