Same Song Different Day.
I did something yesterday that I am not proud of doing….I watch Trump’s latest “I am the greatest tour”…his 75 minute press conference. This is my first and definitely my last Trump news conference unless something major is about to happen….I had never heard such egocentric babbling in a very long time.
Before I go…..let me give you a short synopsis of the time in Hell…..the lines that got the most chuckles out of me. I did not listen for policy but rather the tone and the words…..I was not disappointed….just a list of the lines that I found laughable.
President Trump held forth with reporters at a lengthy news conference Thursday afternoon, defending his first weeks in office and again going after the media over “fake news.” A sampling, via the Washington Post, the Guardian, and the New York Times:
- On his White House: “I open the paper and I see stories of chaos, chaos. It’s the exact opposite. This administration is running like a fine-tuned machine, despite not being able to get my Cabinet approved.”
- On his progress: “I don’t think there’s ever been a president elected who in this short period of time has done what we have done.”
- On the travel ban: “We had a very smooth rollout of the travel ban, but we had a bad court. We got a bad decision.”
- A swipe at Obama? “To be honest, I inherited a mess. It’s a mess. At home and abroad, it’s a mess. Jobs are pouring out of the country.”
- On Michael Flynn: The ousted NSA chief is a “fine person,” but “he didn’t tell the vice president of the United States the facts. And then he didn’t remember. And that just wasn’t acceptable to me.”
- On the media: “The press has become so dishonest that if we don’t talk about it we are doing a tremendous disservice to the American people. The press are out of control. The level of dishonesty is out of control.”
- On Russia: The Russia story “is a ruse. … I have nothing to do with Russia.”
- On leaks/fake news: “The leaks are real, but the news is fake.”
- To an African-American reporter: “Are they friends of yours?” when she asked about the Congressional Black Caucus.
- On “dreamers”: “We are going to deal with DACA with heart,” he said of the Obama program to protect undocumented immigrants brought to the US as kids.
- On himself: “I’m not a bad person by the way. … I do get good ratings.”
Don’t fret, you Trump worshipers, there will plenty of others that will contradict me…..and they you will believe….(go figure)…..
After only a month and I have had enough foolishness from the White House….
Again the movie “Idiocracy” comes to mind……
19 thoughts on “Reiteration At Its Best”
I didn’t bother counting the number of times in the quoted material this fool used the word “I”, or, “We”, which he uses in the royal sense, implying both “I”, and everyone who agrees with him. I’d wager those two words comprised a good 25% of the total, though. Of the remaining hundred or so words, he repeats himself frequently, and, essentially, never uses any with a meaning as complex as any three or four letter word can replace. It displays an appalling ignorance, not merely of a competent knowledge of the language he attempts to speak, but of a much deeper ignorance, which cannot comprehend or deal with any word large enough to challenge his understanding.
Given the issues in which he is now embroiled are much more complex than that, he can only use his belief in his own rightness, and his embedded belief that, because he believes he is more, he IS more. He places more credence in his celebrity status than in logic, or intelligence, or anything he doesn’t have the wit to comprehend; if he doesn’t understand it, it isn’t important to him…
As is patently obvious to anyone with sufficient wit to remember to zip up after, this does not bode well for the country… but, then, any belief there is a fix to be had is pretty far-fetched, too…
i don’t think Don would understand, but, this is something he would do well to try to get to….
“Any road followed to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little to test it’s a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain.” — Bene Gesserit proverb
Reality is NOT a Reality show, but, he believes it is, and there are many millions of ‘people’ ( a word which, in this case, I use with reservation…) who believe the same….
gigoid, the dubious
Nice…a Dune reference….well done my friend….chuq
Thanks, my friend; feels good to cut loose again…
Nice to see it also….chuq
Exactly. gigoid. And then we realize, as I pointed out earlier, nearly 45% of the country bought into all this.
I feel you. I ended up listening to it live on the radio and, much like with a bad movie, I want that hour of my life back. Although I did get to howl with laughter at the “fine-tuned machine” line.
For someone who tries to be so serious the man is a riot of humor….thanx and have a good weekend….chuq
Reblogged this on saywhatumean2say and commented:
On leaks/fake news: “The leaks are real, but the news is fake.”
Great Post. ~~dru~~
Thanx for the re-blog….have a good weekend….chuq
“Cry ‘Havoc!’, and let slip the dogs of war!”
(Sorry.. had a rare testosterone moment.)
We all have those geek moments from time to time…LOL chuq
I watched the Trump conference, but it was edited over here, down to about 20 minutes. I found it fascinating in as much as that he really seemed to take himself seriously. At times, he was almost like a Mafia boss, with his veiled threats, and nods to himself. I had to keep reminding myself that he is really the President of The United States.
Bene Gesserit is the only religion that ever appealed to me. I literally inhabited those Dune books back then.
Best wishes, Pete.
I agree with the Dune comment…I felt the same….it is hard to believe that he is our president….have you ever watched a movie called…”Idiocracy”? Very prophetic need to watch and see the reality of it all…chuq
I have seen that film on TV. It makes some very relevant points indeed.
It is about 15 years old and they saw all this coming…like I said very prophetic….chuq
I love it when people come together and share opinions, great blog, keep it up.
Thanx for the visit and the comment….chuq
I envy your piece of work, regards for all the good posts.
Thanx for the kind words and I appreciate the visit….chuq