Just when I thought that these last 60 days or so was going to be pretty mundane….and then…..BAM!
This election has something for everybody…that is almost everybody….if you are a voter that wants to hear about issues and solutions then this time around you are sorely disappointed.
That aside…..for about a month Mr. Trump and his minions have been passing the story that Clinton is seriously ill and because of that she is not capable of being the president.
It seems that a couple of days ago the lackeys prophecies have been strengthened……why is that?
Over last weekend Clinton had an episode……
Hillary Clinton abruptly left a 9/11 anniversary ceremony Sunday after feeling “overheated,” according to her campaign, and hours later her doctor disclosed that the Democratic presidential nominee had pneumonia, the AP reports. A video showed Clinton slumping and being held up by three people as she was helped into a van after the event, and her doctor said in a statement that Clinton had become overheated and dehydrated. “I have just examined her and she is now rehydrated and recovering nicely,” Dr. Lisa R. Bardack said in a statement. The physician said Clinton has had an allergy-related cough, and that during a follow-up examination Friday, the candidate was diagnosed with pneumonia, put on antibiotics, advised to rest and modify her schedule.
Less than two months from Election Day, it was an unwanted visual for Clinton as she tries to project the strength and vigor needed for one of the world’s most demanding jobs. Republican rival Donald Trump has spent months questioning Clinton’s health, saying she doesn’t have the stamina to be president. Trump, who attended the same event marking the 15th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, was noticeably restrained. Asked by a reporter about Clinton’s health incident, Trump said, “I don’t know anything.” After Clinton’s departure from the event, spokesman Nick Merrill said Clinton had gone to her daughter’s nearby apartment. Clinton exited the apartment on her own shortly before noon. She waved to reporters and said, “I’m feeling great. It’s a beautiful day in New York.”
Even though she sez she is “feeling great”…..the story is there and the questions remain…….especially from the toads lurking behind the coattails of Trump……
Concerns about Hillary Clinton’s health have gone from conspiracy theory to what analysts are calling a major campaign issue. After she abruptly left a 9/11 memorial event early Sunday, her doctor disclosed that she had been diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday and was advised to rest. The campaign now says that Clinton has canceled a Monday and Tuesday trip to California that would have involved several fundraising appearances as well as a major economic speech and an appearance on Ellen, the Washington Post reports. In other coverage:
- Clinton’s physician, Dr. Lisa R. Bardack, said Clinton was “overheated and dehydrated” at the 9/11 event but is now “rehydrated and recovering nicely,” the New York Times reports. Bardack didn’t say what kind of pneumonia Clinton has or whether she had a fever Sunday.
- Politico reports that political journalists strongly criticized the campaign’s handling of Clinton’s illness, while Clinton allies downplayed the issue—and even praised her stamina. “‘Powering through’ illness is what women do: Stoically, every. single. day,” tweeted former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm.
- CNN spoke to a doctor about Clinton’s stumble and the subsequent news of pneumonia. Ford Vox says neither is at all unusual in somebody Clinton’s age, though there’s certainly a chance of other underlying health issues.
- The Los Angeles Times reports that the incident has renewed calls for the release of detailed health records from Clinton, who is 68, and her 70-year-old rival. “This is the kind of thing that voters have a right to understand before they cast a vote,” says GOP strategist Katie Packer, who doesn’t support either candidate. “Both Trump and Hillary are elderly. They are obligated to release full medical records and full tax returns to the American people. And the media, party leaders, and American people should settle for nothing less.”
- The Washington Post looks at the “intense privacy” that has long surrounded Clinton’s health after incidents like a 1998 blood clot in her leg that she later described as her “scariest moment.”
- The Telegraph looks at what might happen if health issues force Clinton to quit the race.
- Politico reports that some Trump supporters gleefully celebrated her illness on social media, though Trump himself has declined to comment. A lobbyist who raises money for Trump says he hopes the candidate will be able to remain “very careful and sensitive, and not reinforce the worse things people think about him.”
It will be interesting to see how her support staff tries to spin this….because we know that Trump and the boyz will NOT let this go, right?
Clinton is the nominee for the Dems….but let’s say that something goes horribly wrong and Clinton must drop out of the election race…..what will happen then? (This is a hypothetical thing)……. Will Trump automatically win the election? (You just know that the Trump people, not being the sharpest pencils in the box will claim the win)……but really what would happen?
First off, please, please, please let us make abundantly clear that this article is not an endorsement of any alt-right conspiracy theories about Hillary Clinton’s health, nor are we trying to implicitly state that Hillary Clinton’s recent coughing fit or her apparent stumble outside the 9/11 memorial service were anything more than what her campaign says they were—seasonal allergies and a previously diagnosed case of pneumonia aggravated by dehydration. Seriously, we’re not. We fully expect her health issues to be resolved within a week, at which point none of this will matter.
Source: If Hillary Had to Drop Out, Here’s How a New Democratic Candidate Would be Chosen :: Politics :: News :: Hillary Clinton :: Paste
Could an election get any more screwed up?
Is this a great election or what?
Green is looking better and better………