The insurrection will be televised….and it failed….now time to bring the leaders to bear.
I post this for all those Americans that were too busy to keep up with the doings in the Hearing…..and those that just do not care.
The hotly contested committee hearings on the events of 06 January has begun…..
This who;e affair could be disastrous for House Minority leader, Kevin McCarthy, who is slobbering over becoming Speaker…..
“McCarthy is playing a terrible hand here.”
“He’s trapped politically between the Democrats and former President Donald Trump. Democrats want someone to pay for Jan. 6, and not just the Trump supporters who viciously attacked the U.S. Capitol Police and illegally entered the building,” the report states before adding, “McCarthy needs Trump heading into 2022 elections — or at least he needs Trump not going after vulnerable House Republicans — so McCarthy has to stay loyal to the former president. It’s a lose-lose for McCarthy. “
I hope it does dash his ambition for he would be a horrible Speaker and he proves it everyday.
……and it started with a bang.
Rep. Kinzinger let the idiot Right have it with both barrels…..
Rep. Adam Kinzinger, one of two Republicans on the new select committee investigating the Capitol insurrection, on Tuesday called out members of his own party for treating January 6 as another “partisan fight.”Read his opening statement, as prepared for delivery, distributed by his office:
Harsh words for the morons in his party…beginning with McCarty and on down the line…..
The Hearing began with testimony from Capitol police officers that had to deal the the crush of slobbering Trump supporters….
Four officers present during the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol told harrowing accounts of that day as a special House panel began investigating what happened. Details, via the AP, the Washington Post, Politico, and the Wall Street Journal:
- Capitol Police officer Aquilino Gonell: He described losing oxygen while being crushed by rioters. “This is how I’m going to die,” he remembered thinking, “defending this entrance.” He added that “there is a continuous and shocking attempt to ignore or try to destroy the truth of what truly happened that day, and to whitewash the facts.”
- DC officer Michael Fanone: He described being “grabbed, beaten, tased, all while being called a traitor to my country.” Doctors would later inform him that he suffered a mild heart attack during the melee.
- DC officer Daniel Hodges: “I did the only thing I could do, scream for help,” Hodges said, recalling how rioters crushed him against a door and beat him in the head and face with his own baton. “To my perpetual confusion, I saw the thin blue line flag, a symbol of support for law enforcement, more than once being carried by the terrorists as they ignored our commands and continued to assault us.”
- Capitol Police officer Harry Dunn: He recounted how people screamed the n-word at him, saying it was disturbing that “people demonize you because of the color of your skin.” He added that other Black officers were subjected to same treatment. “January 6 still isn’t over for me.”
- Gonell: “It was not antifa. It was not Black Lives Matter. It was not the FBI. It was (former President Trump’s) supporters that he sent … over to the Capitol that day. And he could have done a lot of things. One of them was to tell them to stop.” Gonell said it was “insulting” that Trump later praised the rioters as “loving” people. “What he was doing, instead of sending the military, instead of sending the support or telling his people, his supporters, to stop this nonsense, he begged them to continue fighting. I’m still recovering from those hugs and kisses that day.”
- Fanone: “I feel like I went to hell and back to protect them, and too many in this room … are now telling me that hell doesn’t exist or hell actually wasn’t that bad,” he said, referring to lawmakers who he says want to downplay the riot. “The indifference shown to my colleagues is disgraceful.”
- Before the hearing began, House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy called it a “sham” orchestrated by Nancy Pelosi. In contrast, Liz Cheney, one of only two Republicans on the panel, said they should investigate “every minute of that day in the White House.
On a side note….
Federal authorities have arrested a Donald Trump supporter caught on video bragging about macing police at the Capitol on Jan. 6.
Samuel Lazar, who was arrested in Pennsylvania on Monday, spent the months after the Capitol attack attending political events in support of the former president and his political allies. The case against him was unsealed on Tuesday.
Goes to show that the mental midgets that support Trump support the police only when they are killing people of color.
I have heard and read those slugs that try to deflect from this Hearing saying why not have a hearing about the protests in the cities?
Well for one the violence they refer to happened in a city and the insurrection was an assault of the nation…if they cannot see the difference then they are just plain stupid!
I will try to keep my readers informed on the Hearing as best I can.
Watch This Blog!
I Read, I Write, You Know
“lego ergo scribo”