Once he, Biden, takes the oath of office he will unveil a new economic stim package which will include a $2000 check for the people that need some help badly…..
So many plans and so little help for those struggling to remain solvent……what will his plan do?
President-elect Biden’s stimulus plan is rumored to include:
- $1,400 or $2,000 direct payments for Americans. Democrats campaigned on $2,000 checks. However, a recent letter sent by Senator Schumer to his Democratic colleagues indicated the new payment may be just $1,400 per adult, combining with the recently issued $600 payment to provide $2,000 total — rather than an additional $2,000 on top of the other stimulus aid.
- Aid to state and local governments. This was left out of the last coronavirus relief bill because many Republicans object vehemently to it. It is a key Democratic priority. However, if rumors that Biden is hoping to pass the stimulus bill on a bipartisan basis are true, the administration may have to limit this provision of the bill to get support from across the aisle.
- More money for schools and for vaccine distribution.
- Help for small businesses. Some of this aid may be targeted to lower-income communities and industries hit hardest by the pandemic.
- Rent forbearance.
- An expansion of the child tax credit. Biden had previously proposed raising this credit to as much as $3,600 for some families. Increasing it, and making more of it refundable, have long been priorities on the left and the incoming president campaigned on this issue.
The check for us mere mortals is a sound idea….funds for state and local governments that have been struggling is another sound idea…..I want to sede just how much goes where they promise or will it go where it is not need the big corporations that have already made billions out of this pandemic.
If you would like more information then here is a source…..https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-biden-stimulus-idUSKBN29J1B1
To say I am optimistic is a bit of a stretch…..for I have heard many promises and most have fallen well short of the promise.
All I can say….”we will see”.
I Read, I Write, You Know
“lego ergo scribo”