Recently I wrote about about our newest federal budget and just much of it goes to the Pentagon…..it is heavy toward the defense spending…..
- $23.8 billion for 14 Navy ships, about $3 billion more than the Navy requested. The new ships include an aircraft carrier, three littoral combat ships, two Virginia-class submarines and two destroyers.
- $10.2 billion for 90 F-35 fighter jets, 20 more than previously budgeted.
- $1.8 billion for 24 F/A-18 fighter jets, 10 more than the Navy requested.
- $11.5 billion for the Missile Defense Agency, $3.3 billion above the original request.
- $238 billion for operations and maintenance. Since the fiscal year is nearly half over, the Pentagon will have more flexibility to spend this part of its budget this year.
- $89.2 billion for research and development.
The troops were not cut out of the process….but their part of the budget is not good enough….$137.7 billion for personnel pay, which includes a 2.4 percent pay increase. They get a raise but not nearly enough for the job they do.
What part of this budget will be detoured to help pay for that gosh darn wall?