After the 06 January insurrection ‘justice’ is finally being handed down for those that allowed their hatred to prevail…..
A Capitol rioter convicted of assaulting police—using a fire extinguisher on officers and twice throwing the empty container at them—has received the longest sentence so far in the attack, 63 months. US District Judge Tanya Chutkan told Robert Palmer in court Friday in Washington that she’s not making an example of him, she’s sentencing him for his conduct, Axios reports. “It has to be made clear that trying to violently overthrow the government, trying to stop the peaceful transition of power, and assaulting law enforcement officers in that effort is going to be met with absolutely certain punishment,” Chutkan said.
On Jan. 6, Palmer threw a piece of wood at police and sprayed the fire extinguisher at a line of officers, prosecutors said. He then threw the extinguisher, picked it up, and threw it again, NBC reports. He next threw a metal pole at other officers and only stopped his attack when he was shot with a rubber bullet. “Those officers were so brave standing there, just taking all the stuff that people were giving them, all the taunts, all the jeers and everything,” Palmer, 54, of Tampa, told the court.
Palmer was among the first rioters to turn himself in. “I am so ashamed I was part of that. Very, very ashamed,” he said Friday. His lawyer argued the sentence should be reduced because Palmer took responsibility for his role in the attack. But after pleading guilty in October, he had posted a claim online that he’d acted in self-defense. The judge agreed with prosecutors that despite his other statements, that showed a lack of remorse. “He was still denying his culpability for the offense,” Chutkan said.
Then there are those poor souls that have had their little pathetic lives disrupted….like this drooling moron….
Accused Capitol rioter Thomas Sibick would like to be able to use dating apps while he awaits trial. An attorney for Sibick, who is on home incarceration at his parents’ home in Buffalo, NY, made the request via a motion filed Saturday asking the judge in the case to modify Sibick’s release conditions, WUSA9 reports. The 36-year-old was originally being held at a jail in Washington, DC, but in October his lawyer argued the “cult-like” group of fellow January 6 suspects being held there were likely to further radicalize his client, and the judge released him to the custody of his parents.
But she forbade him to watch political television or use social media. In the motion filed Saturday, Sibick’s attorney asks that he be allowed to attend the wake of a friend who recently died, and that he be allowed to access websites for the purposes of finding a job as well as “interact[ing] with members of the opposite gender for the purpose of establishing a friendship.” However, the judge has ordered him to be on 24-hour lockdown, so any dating or working would need to be done remotely. Sibick is accused of beating a police officer, ripping off his badge and radio. His lawyer says Sibick now sees the Capitol breach as “a disgrace to our nation” and holds former President Trump responsible, the Guardian reports.
The best I can say is boo-hoo you little turd.
Some of the insurrectionists were followers of the cult of stupid, QAnon….and since 06 January it has been reorganizing itself into a more effective unit.
It’s been more than a year since QAnon received any direction from Q, the otherwise nameless online account whose conspiracy theories the movement was built on. But QAnon appears undeterred, the New York Times reports, evolving rather than fading away like its leader. It’s so far survived Q’s disappearance, the 2020 presidential election loss, and predictions that didn’t come true. New conspiracies and predictions take hold, as evidenced by the trek hundreds made to Dallas in November to see John F. Kennedy Jr. return to life and declare himself a candidate to be former President Trump’s running mate in 2024. Many waited for weeks.
The movement hasn’t exactly gone underground, but it may have gone deeper into the nation’s political and social systems. Media Matters counts more than 40 candidates for national office in 2022 who have publicly backed QAnon, though they may have toned down the rhetoric. Omar Navarro has endorsed the lie about Hollywood moguls being child traffickers, but the California Republican said he no longer posts about QAnon, partly to avoid being kicked off social media. “I’m running a campaign for Congress,” he said, “so I need to focus on issues that matter more, like the economy or business other than” QAnon.
QAnon could be emerging more pervasive and influential. It’s “leaving behind the iconography of the Trump era and becoming a conspiracy of everything,” a conspiracy researcher said. More than ever, said Mike Rothschild, followers are free to choose their own conspiracy theories to spread. That’s what worries Jitarth Jadej, who used to be a follower. He sees a more decentralized, professionally produced organization growing, albeit largely out of sight. And he doesn’t see it collapsing soon, per Politico. Nor does Logan Strain, another conspiracy researcher. “This is something that we’re just going to have to live with in the general political world in the United States,” Strain said, “for at least a generation.”
Oh great….a generation of stupid….almost makes me glad that I will not see the demise of this country…..but I will suffer through the death throes as it slowly dies.
The parents that brought their 14 year old son to the insurrection have their day in court….
“This isn’t like a school or a tourist trip,” a judge told Virginia Spencer at her sentencing for her role in the Capitol riot. US District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly told Spencer she was having a hard time understanding why she took her 14-year-old son with her on Jan. 6, 2021. Police officers and some of the rioters had weapons, the judge pointed out, CNN reports. “It must have been a traumatic experience to witness this kind of violence,” Kollar-Kotelly said. “It’s a complete lack of judgment on your part.” That was reflected in the sentence.
The North Carolina woman, who pleaded guilty, was sentenced to three months’ imprisonment for illegally parading in the building, as well as three years’ probation, per the AP. That’s on the long end of sentences imposed so far on rioters for nonviolent misdemeanors; few of whom have received probation as well as jail time. The defense requested a year of probation with community service. Prosecutors recommended a three-month sentence plus three years’ probation; the maximum is six months in jail. Their court filings said Spencer entered House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s offices and was in the mob that tried to get into the House chamber.
Spencer told the judge Friday that she was “very sorry” for her actions at the Capitol. Christopher Raphael Spencer, Spencer’s husband and the boy’s father, was with them and also was arrested. He hasn’t been tried yet, but he’s pleaded not guilty to several charges connected with the attack. So far, more than 70 people have been sentenced in the insurrection, the FBI reports, with more than 30 of them ordered to serve time.
These ‘parents” and I use the term loosely…..since the boy was a minor there should have been harsher sentences for contributing to his criminality.
I shall continue to watch the proceedings on these insurrectionists and report on as much as I can…..
This breach should NEVER be forgotten and should never happen again.
Watch This Blog!
I Read, I Write, You Know
“lego ergo scribo”