The Russian Hack!
Okay by now you have heard about the Russian hack that is pouring out of the news these days….that is unless you have been in a coma or trapped in a public bathroom in Peoria…….
The news is that no less than 17 US intel agencies have conformed that it was the Russians that hacked into the DNC and started aiding the Trump camp (at least that is the scenario)….
Now everyone has an opinion on this attack…the Trump people, especially the Prez does not believe that it was the Russians…..
|It’s time for everyone – especially President-Elect Trump – to get the facts right about Russian interference in the election. The conversation started months ago, when leading voices in the intelligence community began voicing concern that Russian government hackers were behind cyber-attacks at the DNC and other U.S. political organizations. In October, the U.S. government officially accused Russia of hacking and interfering in the U.S. election. And it gets worse: just this weekend, a new CIA report concluded that Russia acted with the specific intention of swinging the election to President Elect Donald Trump.|
|Russia’s interference with the U.S.’s presidential election is an attack on our sovereignty, our security, and the integrity of our democracy. But our president-elect doesn’t seem bothered. Over the weekend, Trump denied the CIA’s assessment, called the findings of the report “ridiculous”, and even refused to acknowledge the established fact that Russia was behind the hackings in the first place.|
The fallout from Friday night’s “bombshell” report from the CIA that Russian hackers directly interfered with the US election in order to get Donald Trump elected continued Saturday. Here are seven things you need to know:
- With Trump criticizing the CIA—rather than Russia—in the wake of the report, the New York Times reports he’s opening an “extraordinary breach” between himself and the national security establishment he’s bound to need during his presidency.
- While mostly at a loss, Michael Tomasky at the Daily Beast has a few pieces of advice for what Democrats should do next: “Demand the release of the information. Demand a real investigation…The media needs to get the message that conservatives aren’t the only people who get pissed off.”
- In a “no-win situation for the GOP,” some Republicans in Congress want to investigate Russia’s involvement in the election against Trump’s wishes. The Washington Post has four ways they could take on Russia, with or without the president-elect.
- Harry Reid is calling for the resignation of FBI director James Comey, who he compares to J. Edgar Hoover and accuses of covering up information about Russia’s activities to get Trump elected, the Guardian reports.
- Pamela Kruger at Fortune points out that Trump did Saturday what he normally does when faced with a major negative story: spend the morning tweeting about something completely unrelated; Celebrity Apprentice, in this case.
- Worried Trump will ignore Russian threats to US democracy when he takes office, Quartz reports President Obama is “racing against the clock” to get a full report on Russia’s involvement in US affairs before he steps down in six weeks.
I am having fun with our new president’s reaction……
Donald Trump continued his extraordinary repudiation of U.S. intelligence agencies Wednesday night when he expressed “doubt” about their conclusion that Russia has been interfering in the U.S. election through a hacking campaign — even though intelligence officials briefed him on the Russia link in person months ago.
“Our country has no idea,” who is doing the hacking, the Republican nominee said during the final presidential debate, after Hillary Clinton challenged him to accept the conclusion of the CIA and other agencies that the Russian government was behind the leaks of internal Democratic emails.
When moderator Chris Wallace pressed Trump on whether he was disputing the assessment from U.S. intelligence officials, he replied, “Yeah, I doubt it. I doubt it.”
“I don’t think anybody knows it was Russia that broke into the DNC,” Trump said. “I mean, it could be Russia, but it could also be China. It could also be lots of other people. It also could be somebody sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds, okay?”
But my fave thing that Mr. Trump said was…..”if we do not detect them while the hack is going on then we have NO way of telling who started it”…..