Most career politicians in my opinion are sleazy actors addicted to power and high dollar donors….not the country.
Since the 1990s the Congress has become a major circus….the dignified debate and disagreements have become a a bad opera with antics and infantile situations….like the idiot that delivered pizza to a classified briefing….and then there is the newest clown on the Right, Taylor-Greene.
Since she lost her committees she has worked to find ways to get on camera and her newest skit is just simply undignified pursuit…..
Two of the most high-profile members of the House—one on the left, the other on the right—are the focus of a flurry of news coverage on Thursday. The headlines came after GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia confronted New York Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez as the latter was leaving the House chamber. Coverage:
- The Washington Post reports that Greene shouted, “Hey Alexandria” twice and, when AOC didn’t stop walking, began shouting questions such as, “Why do you support terrorists and antifa?” She also labeled Black Lives Matter as a “terrorist” group and accused AOC of being afraid to defend her “radical socialist” beliefs in a debate.
- AOC turned around once and threw her hands in the air “in an exasperated motion,” per the Post. Later, an AOC spokesperson said Greene “tried to begin an argument” with AOC, and when the latter “tried to walk away, Congresswoman Greene began screaming and called Rep. Ocasio-Cortez a terrorist sympathizer.” Added spokeswoman Lauren Hitt: “We hope leadership and the Sergeant at Arms will take real steps to make Congress a safe, civil place for all Members and staff—especially as many offices are discussing reopening.”
- Greene called AOC a “chicken” after the incident. And on Twitter on Thursday, she wrote, “‘Ms. Defund The Police’ wants to call the police for security bc she’s afraid of debating with me about her socialist (Green New Deal.)” The Hill notes that Greene challenged AOC to a debate last month on the plan. In her Thursday tweet, Greene called AOC “a fraud & a hypocrite.”
- This isn’t Greene’s first run-in with a congressional colleague. Democratic Rep. Cori Bush moved her office away from Greene’s after accusing Greene and her staff of berating her in a hallway. Greene said it was the other way around.
- NBC News notes that the new confrontation meshes with Greene’s style of accosting political opponents verbally and in public. Before becoming a member of Congress, she posted a video of one such encounter with teenage gun-control advocate David Hogg outside the Capitol.
When will the House GOP step up and rein in this twat?
The House of Representatives—in the same manner as the United States Senate—is expressly authorized within the United States Constitution (Article I, Section 5, clause 2) to discipline or “punish” its own Members. This authority of the House to discipline a Member for “disorderly Behaviour” is in addition to any criminal or civil liability that a Member of the House may incur for particular misconduct, and is used notmerely topunish anindividual Member, but to protect the institutional integrity of the House of Representatives, its proceedings,and its reputation.The House maydiscipline itsMemberswithout the necessity of Senate concurrence.The most common forms of discipline in the House are now “expulsion,” “censure,” or “reprimand,” although the House may also discipline its Members in other ways, including fine or monetary restitution, loss of seniority, and suspension or loss of certain privileges. In addition to such sanctions imposed by the full House of Representatives, the standing committee in the House which dealswith ethics and official conduct matters, the House Committee on Ethics—formerly called the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct—is authorized by House Rules to issue a formal“Letter of Reproval” for misconduct which does not rise to the level of consideration or sanction by the entire House of Representatives. Additionally, the Committee on Ethicshas also expressed its disapproval of certain conduct in informal letters and communications to Members
She needs a muzzle!
The House GOP leadership should do what is necessary to return some dignity to their side of the aisle…..but will they?
I vote to throw the bitch out on her nose…… severe sanction of expulsion has been employed in the House, the underlying conduct deemed to have merited removal from office has historically involved either disloyalty to the United States, or the violation of a criminal law involving the abuse of one’s official position, such as bribery.
Do It Now!
Greene is doing all she can to stay in the news…..give her something to rail about….throw her out!
Until they take action they will continue to be the clown show of the Congress.
All she is doing is auditioning for a spot on FOX or OAN…she never intended to govern just perform.
There are numerous incidents of misconduct in both Houses….just so you know here is the list and the actions taken….
The allegations of misconduct listed on this page do not imply guilt in the absence of a conviction or admission of guilt. Exonerations are included because the investigation and exoneration are themselves important events. Conversely, congressional investigations that end without a guilty determination do not imply innocence because congressional investigative bodies are political, not judicial.
Something heeds to be done to return some form of civility to the governing bodies……
If members cannot act or speak with dignity then throw them out and let them play their silly games on FOX….the home of the uninformed.
Watch This Blog!
I Read, I Write, You Know
“lego ergo scribo”