The media wants Biden/Trump mash up for the 2020 election……the MSM has tried to make this the “dream ticket”….and Iowa gave the MSM the a chance to push the ticket…..both men are just pathetic for playing into the hands of the media…..
If you were a visitor to the US and watched this news then you would think that the 2020 election was under way and these were the candidates for the general.
The MSM has a chance to make Biden the best person to take on Trump……seems to be a marketing plan by the media……
President Trump and 2020 presidential contender Joe Biden gave dueling speeches in Iowa Tuesday—their first time this election cycle campaigning in the same state on the same day, USA Todayreports. Big lines from each, starting with Biden, who had three campaign stops in the state. From CNN and others:
- “[Trump] says, ‘let’s make America great again.’ Let’s make America America again,” he said—which, Fox points out, is a phrase apparently first coined by Stormy Daniels’ lawyer, Michael Avenatti. (No worries: Avenatti has used the line to endorse Biden, and tweeted Tuesday, “Since I won’t be using it, I’m happy @JoeBiden is using ‘Let’s Make America America Again.'”)
- Biden also called Trump an “existential threat” to America: “Four years of Donald Trump will be viewed as an aberration in American history. Eight years, eight years will fundamentally change who we are as a nation, how we’re viewed around the world.”
- Biden, who lost son Beau to brain cancer in 2015, said “I promise you if I’m elected president, you’re going to see the single most important thing that changes America, we’re gonna cure cancer.”
- He also had to speak through a protester at one event, while attendees clapped and chanted to drown him out. The protester yelled, “You have blood on your hands, you have blood on your hands… no he is talking about the Ku Klux Klan… he supports the murder of unborn babies and he wants us to pay for it.”
- Biden has another speech still to come Tuesday night; see his prepared remarks here. Among them: “Trump thinks his tariffs are being paid by China. Any beginning econ student at Iowa or Iowa State could tell you that the American people are paying his tariffs. The cashiers at Target see what’s going on—they know more about economics than Trump.”
And from Trump:
- The POTUS had his own harsh words for Biden while speaking at a renewable energy event, referring to him as “Sleepy Joe” and accusing him of talking too much about Trump: “He said my name so many times that people couldn’t stand it anymore.”
- He had also slammed Biden as he left for Iowa, calling him a “loser” and a “dummy” who is “weak mentally,” per Fox News.
- Trump signed an executive order while in the state to, as he said, “speed up reviews of [agricultural] biotechnology so that farmers can get access to critical scientific advances faster and reap the full benefits of American innovation for many years into the future.”
- Still to come Tuesday night for Trump: an “America First Dinner,” for which tickets started at $250, to raise money for the Iowa Republican Party.
This is making sure that other Dem candidates are left out of the equation…..there was nothing about this situation that warranted a whole day of media attention.
Let me inform my reader of what this report was really about…….This was nothing more than a couple of old farts having a slap fight.
There are more important news that needed the exposure by was lost in the push for Biden…..like Congressional inaction of the 9/11 First Responders.
Or maybe spend a little more time reporting that the US Women’s soccer team broke all records yesterday….they scored 13 goals.