Oh boy we finally have a report issued by Special Council…..but do not take my word for the report….read it for yourself (if that is possible)….
A look at the headlines…..
Attorney General William Barr has written his summary of the Robert Mueller report for lawmakers, and President Trump sounds pretty happy about it. Here’s a look at how the main headlines of various outlets were handling the news about 6:30pm Eastern Sunday:
- New York Times: “Mueller Finds No Trump-Russia Conspiracy, Barr Says”
- Washington Post: “Attorney general: Mueller does not find that Trump campaign conspired with Russia”
- Drudge Report: “Trump Wins!” (in red)
- CNN: “Mueller did not find Trump conspired with Russia”
- NBC News: “Mueller Finds No Proof of Trump Collusion With Russia; AG Barr Says No Plans to Prosecute”
- Fox News: “Probe finds no proof of Trump campaign collusion with Russia, no conclusion on obstruction: Barr letter”
- Breitbart: “No Collusion!” (in red)
- Mother Jones: “Trump Aided and Abetted Russia’s Attack. That Was Treachery. Full Stop.”
- NPR: “Mueller Report Doesn’t Find Russian Collusion, But Can’t ‘Exonerate’ On Obstruction”
- Politico: “Mueller finds no evidence of Trump-Russia conspiracy”
- USA Today: “Mueller: No Trump-Russia conspiracy; no answer on obstruction”
- Moscow Times: “No Evidence of Trump-Russia Collusion, Mueller Report Says”
Leaders of the Justice Department have sent a summary of Robert Mueller’s key findings to key members of Congress. The special counsel’s office completed its investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election on Friday.
Attorney General William Barr is required to notify Congress that the investigation is complete but is not obligated to release the full report, as many in both parties have demanded.