Yesterday was a great day for humorous news and the biggest laugh came with the speech of Our Dear Leader to the world at the UN.
President Trump was addressing the UN Tuesday morning, and he got an unexpected reaction from an early boast: laughter. “In less than two years, my administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country,” Trump told the General Assembly, which prompted some audible snickering in the audience, reports Politico. Trump made light of it as he paused his speech. “Didn’t expect that reaction, but that’s OK,” he said with a laugh, and that led to more laughter and applause. See this video captured by PBS.
The entire world sees what a goddamn liar this person is……and his visions of grandeur are getting funnier if not scarier.
But the world learn that the only way a nation can get help from the US is to meet Trump with knee pads and service him…….
Now for the rest of his babbling mess…..
President Trump addressed the UN General Assembly on Tuesday, with his familiar “America First” theme taking prominence. “We reject the ideology of globalism,” the president told the world body. One of Trump’s early boasts drew unexpected laughter from the audience, though he laughed it off and went on to press his case. Here are some of Trump’s big lines, as rounded up by outlets including CNN, the Washington Post, USA Today, and NPR:
- US independence: “The US will always choose independence and cooperation over global governance, control, and domination,” Trump said. “I honor the right of every nation in this room to pursue its own customs, beliefs, and traditions. The United States will not tell you how to live or work or worship. We only ask that you honor our sovereign rights in return.” Also: “We will not be governed by an international body that is unaccountable to our own citizens.”
- Friends first: “Few give anything to us. That is why we are taking a hard look at US foreign assistance. … Moving forward we are only going to give foreign aid to those who respect us and frankly our—our friends. And we expect other countries to pay their fair share for the cost of their defense.”
- Iran: “Iran’s leaders sow chaos, death and destruction,” he said. “Iran’s leaders plunder the nation’s resources to enrich themselves and to spread mayhem across the Middle East and far beyond.”
- Familiar slogan: The only long-term solution on the global migration crisis is to “help people build brighter futures in their own countries—make their countries great again.”
- Harsh words: “OPEC and OPEC nations are as usual ripping off the rest of the world, and I don’t like it. Nobody should like it,” he said. “We defend many of these nations for nothing, and then they take advantage of us by giving us high oil prices. Not good.”
- North Korea: “With support from many countries here today we have engaged with North Korea to replace the specter of conflict with a bold and new push for peace,” said Trump. “I would like to thank Chairman Kim for his courage and for the steps he has taken.”
His BS on OPEC is just that bovine fecal matter……the biggest nation in OPEC is Saudi Arabia and this nation of barbarous religious zealots spreads chaos around the Middle East….why should we befriend this group of murderers? BTW….the US gets very little oil from OPEC any longer we, the US, is now a oil exporting country as opposed to an importing country. But Dear Leader would know that if he had half a brain.
The Iran statement is nothing but prep work that the US does at the UN before it invades a country. (keep that in mind and remember Iraq of 2002/3)
All in all an amazingly worthless speech that did nothing but rehash most of his campaign talking points.
I listen so you do not have to…..you are welcome. chuq