“No Kings” Day

Tomorrow, 28 March, a large national protest against Donny and his band of idiots….some think it could well revival some of the protests from the Vietnam era.

A third round of “No Kings” protests is coming this spring, with organizers saying they’re planning their largest demonstrations yet across the United States to oppose what they describe as authoritarianism under President Trump. Previous rallies have drawn millions of people, and organizers say they expect even greater numbers on March 28 in the wake of Trump’s immigration crackdown in Minneapolis, where violent clashes have led to the death of two people. “We expect this to be the largest protest in American history,” Ezra Levin, co-executive director of the nonprofit Indivisible, told the AP ahead of Wednesday’s announcement. He predicted that as many as 9 million people will turn out.

“No Kings” protests, organized by a constellation of groups around the US, have been a focal point for outrage over Trump’s attempts to consolidate and expand his power. Last year, Trump said he felt attendees were “not representative of the people of our country,” insisting, “I’m not a king.” The latest round of protests had been in the works before the crackdown in Minneapolis. However, the killing of Renee Good and Alex Pretti by federal agents in recent weeks has refocused plans. Levin said they want to show “support for Minnesota and immigrant communities all over” and oppose “the secret police force that is murdering Americans and infringing on their basic constitutional rights.”

“The only way to defend those rights is to exercise them, and you do that in nonviolent but forceful ways, and that’s what I expect to see in ‘No Kings’ three,” Levin added. In June, the first “No Kings” rallies were organized in nearly 2,000 locations nationwide. Those protests followed unrest over federal immigration raids and Trump’s deployment of the National Guard and Marines to Los Angeles. They also addressed a military parade in the nation’s capital that marked the Army’s 250th anniversary and coincided with Trump’s birthday.

During a second round of protests in October, organizers said demonstrations were held in about 2,700 cities and towns across the US. At the time, Levin pointed to Trump’s sweeping immigration crackdown, his unprecedented promises to use federal power to influence midterm elections, restrictions on press freedom, and retribution against political opponents. “This isn’t about Democrats versus Republicans,” Levin said. “This is about: Do we have a democracy at all, and what are we going to tell our kids and our grandkids about what we did in this moment? I think that demands [this] kind of persistent engagement.”

This time around we have a war that needs immediate attention by Americans something that is lacking these days.

If there is any media coverage here are some of the signs you may see….and some are very clever.

  • No Sign Is Big Enough To List All The Reasons I’m Here
  • I Know Signs. I Make The Best Signs. Everyone Agrees.
  • Clean Up On Aisle 47
  • Sorry For Being Weird, This Is My First Dictatorship
  • We Dumped Tea For Less
  • No Crown For A Clown
  • No Faux-King Way
  • America, Leave Your Abusive Ex
  • “Don’t Make Me Repeat Myself.” —History

There are many more….

https://www.goodgoodgood.co/articles/no-kings-protest-sign-ideas-funny

I hope more people will be paying attention….but sometimes I doubt their attention at all.

I Read, I Write, You Know

“lego ergo scribo”

Looking For A Scapegoat

Donny’s war has helped drop his poll numbers to record levels….

President Donald Trump’s approval rating fell in recent days to its lowest point since he returned to the White House, hit by a surge ​in fuel prices and widespread disapproval of the war he launched on Iran, a Reuters/Ipsos poll found.
The four-day poll, completed on Monday, showed 36% of Americans approve of Trump’s ‌job performance, down from 40% in a Reuters/Ipsos poll conducted last week.
(reuters.com)
With crappy polls and a defiant Iran Donny is scrambling to find someone to blame for his failure….he has already whacked Noem so he could he possibly blame for Iran?
And what better person to blame than Pistol Pete Hogsbreath?

President Trump is already trying to throw Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth under the bus for the fruitless war on Iran.

“I called Pete, I called General Caine, I called a lot of our great people … and I said, ‘Let’s talk. We got a problem in the Middle East. We have a country … that for 47 years has been a purveyor of terror. And they’re very close to having a nuclear weapon. We can keep going and get that 50,000 up to 55 and 60, there’s no end. Or we could take a stop and make a little journey into the Middle East, and eliminate a big problem,’” Trump said Monday at an event in Memphis.

“Pete, I think you were the first one to speak up,” Trump continued. “And you said, ‘Let’s do it.’ Because you can’t let them have a nuclear weapon.”

“Hegseth about to give his next briefing from under the bus,” liberal podcaster Jon Favreau wrote on X.

This quick comment is magnified by the chaos of Monday morning, which saw Trump announcing a five-day pause on bombing Iranian energy sites while claiming that he was close to a deal with the Iranian government. The Iranian government then denied speaking to him in any capacity at all, sparking rumors that Trump was engaging in market manipulation. And if the war is going as badly as it appears to be, Hegseth may be in trouble.

(newrepublic.com)

I cannot think of a better person for Donny to blame.

And the sooner we see the back of him the better the military will be.

Whatcha think?

I Read, I Write, You Know

“lego ergo scribo”