HA! HA! If you believe that then I have a bridge I want to sell…..CHEAP!
I hear this rubbish every time I publish something about Israel……it is the trolls in them that cannot let anything derogatory about Israel go…..
The biggest lie is that Israel is a democracy…….an election does not make one a democracy…..then the second biggest lie is that Israel is our best ally……Israel spins a lot of time trying to undermine any policies that the US tries to follow if Israel is not the sole beneficiary…….
Take for instance the latest attempts to find a settlement of the Iranian nuke issue……Israel is taking every chance to undermine these negotiations……..even to the point of spying on the US……..Israel spied on the world powers’ nuclear talks with Iran and was using the obtained information to urge the US lawmakers’ opposition against a nuclear deal with Tehran, The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.
That is the most recent attempts to undermine which goes as far back as the 1980’s in Lebanon…….now since BiBi has made it clear (as clear as anything in politics can be) that there will be NO 2 state solution…….the Us is thinking about ways to make BiBi pay for his insolence……The Hill offered up some suggestion on how to make Israel pay attention……….
1. Clog the arms pipeline. Even though Congress will appropriate more military aid for Israel in this year’s budget, there is a myriad of ways in which the Defense and State Departments can delay, if not completely suspend, the signing of contracts and the actual delivery of weapons.
2. Report on Israel’s violations of the Arms Export Control Act (AECA). Under the AECA, countries receiving U.S. military aid can only use weapons for legitimate self-defense and internal security. Israel killed more than 2,200 Palestinians — the vast majority of whom were civilians — last summer, oftentimes with U.S. weapons such as F-16 fighter jets and Hellfire missiles. The Obama administration should send a report to Congress documenting these human rights abuses and suspend future deliveries of specific weapons systems as outlined in the AECA.
3. Sanction Israel under the “Leahy Law.” Under the Leahy Law, specific units of militaries which commit human rights abuses are ineligible to receive U.S. training and weapons. In addition, individuals who commit human rights abuses are denied U.S. visas. While there is some evidence that high-ranking Israeli military officials have recently been denied U.S. visas, the State Department’s reporting on the implementation of Leahy Law sanctions is opaque. More extensive and public sanctioning of Israel under this law is warranted.
4. Declare Israeli settlements a national emergency. Under the National Emergencies Act, the president has broad and unilateral powers to declare an emergency in response to a foreign policy crisis. By designating Israeli settlements as an emergency, the Obama administration could regulate, or even prohibit, any transaction in foreign exchange that will directly or indirectly contribute to the expansion of Israeli settlements.
5. Shut down “charitable” funding of Israeli settlements. Dozens of organizations currently recognized by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as 501(c)(3) nonprofits funnel tens of millions of dollars to Israeli settlements every year. There is nothing charitable about dispossessing Palestinians from their land. IRS guidelines do not allow for the funding of illegal activities, which Israeli settlements are according to U.S. policy and international law.
I agree with everyone of the proposals. After more than six years of offering Israel more and more carrots only to be repeatedly snubbed, it is long overdue for the Obama administration to brandish the proverbial stick.
Time for the US to do the right thing…..but I am being naive…..of course we will do NOTHING to punish our greatest ally for it would cost votes and we know that that is more important than justice, right?
The media will do whatever is asked of them to prevent Israel from facing any punishment for their lies and actions……if you think the media is not part of this paradigm then ask any American to tell you something about Palestinians…….their answers will be……..hate Israel….terrorists……and that will be the total extent of their “knowledge”……because that is ALL they get from the media……and no one has asked why do they hate Israel?