No not the best selling book and movie starring William Holden….but rather the actions and words after the health vote last Sunday….
What the Hell happened to civil discourse?
The WaPo reported on the first of these insults:
Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.) issued a statement late Saturday saying that he was spit upon while walking to the Capitol to cast a vote, leading the Capitol Police to usher him into the building out of concern for his safety. Police detained the individual, who was then released because Cleaver declined to press charges.
Protesters outside the Capitol hurled epithets at Reps. John Lewis (D-Ga.) and Andre Carson (D-Ind.) as they left the building after President Obama delivered an 11th-hour speech on behalf of the health care bill. Carson told reporters that protesters yelled “kill the bill,” then used a racial epithet to describe Carson and Lewis, who is a revered figure on both sides of the aisle.
According to observers, Frank was confronted by about 100 protesters inside the Longworth House Office Building, where Democrats were huddling for another meeting about the legislation. Some targeted Frank with anti-gay epithets and urged him to vote against the bill…..
Ugly, right? Well as they say, “it ain’t over”
Separately, Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-N.Y., today reported two “alarming” incidents that occurred last week. She said a brick was thrown through a window in her Niagra Falls’ district office. Also, she said, someone left her voicemail “referencing snipers.” She said the FBI is investigating
There has also been a wealth of nasty emails and voice mails that have threaten and prayed for the Reps to have some form of violence committed against…either by man or God…….
And these are not so isolated….but what could cause Americans act thusly?
Funny that NO one wants to take responsibility for assisting this situation, but how about these…..
1. Rush Limbaugh: “I tell people don’t kill all the liberals. Leave enough so we can have two on every campus – living fossils – so we will never forget what these people stood for.”
2. Senator Phil Gramm: “We’re going to keep building the party until we’re hunting Democrats with dogs.”
3. Rep. James Hansen on Bill Clinton: Get rid of the guy. Impreach him, censure him, assassinate him.”
4. John Derbyshire intimated in the National Review that because Chelsea Clinton had “the taint,” she should “be killed.”
5. Ann Coulter: “We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too.”
6. Ann Coulter: “My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building.”
7. Bill O’Reilly: “ll those clowns over at the liberal radio network, we could incarcerate them immediately. Will you have that done, please? Send over the FBI and just put them in chains.”
8. Clear Channel radio host Glenn Beck said he was “thinking about killing Michael Moore” and pondered whether “I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it,” before concluding: “No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out — is this wrong?”
(these we posted by themartyred on democratic underground)
Enter the 1990’s when disagreement became vile and disgusting……before that we all knew politicians told fibs, but from then on the lies were not so subtle and that brings us to today….the lies and accusations are epic……
Has American become so fractured that dissenting views are NOT allowed? Something needs to be done….why is there that much hate for follow Americans? I want to see one of these well paid dickheads step forward and accept responsibility for turning America into this nation of morons….I do not care which side of the political spectrum that you are from…there is NO room for this type of crap in the US….
Okay, I get it…there is a lot of anger out there….but this is NOT the way to solve our problems……all this coming from a group of people that are so damn worried about losing freedoms…..to the point that they want to inflict pain on others…I have no time for this from a bunch of mental midgets with the IQ of cream corn….