I have a cousin who rates a film by the amount of nudity it contains….of course he is a macho ape and only believes that women should be nude in the cinema….
Does anyone know the history of cinematic nudity?
Not to worry….there will be a documentary.
There have been documentaries on just about everything possible and now we can add the history of nudity in film.
When humanity first dreamed of the silver screen, there’s a 99% chance that dream also included, like, a lot of butts. Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies delves into this inarguable fact, while also exploring the many ways butts, boobs, balls, and boners have evolved on-screen as the standards and protocols of Hollywood have changed.
Directed by Danny Wolf (Time Warp: The Greatest Cult Films of All-Time), the documentary features a genuinely impressive line-up of famous faces discussing the history of on-screen skin.
- Peter Bogdanovich (The Last Picture Show, Paper Moon, Targets, Saint Jack)
- Shannon Elizabeth (American Pie, Scary Movie, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back)
- Diane Franklin (The Last American Virgin, Better Off Dead, Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure)
- Pam Grier (The Big Doll House, Jackie Brown, Foxy Brown, Above the Law)
- Amy Heckerling (Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Look Who’s Talking, Clueless)
- Malcolm McDowell (A Clockwork Orange, Caligula, Startrek: Generations, Halloween)
- Eric Roberts (Runaway Train, Inherent Vice, Star 80)
- Kevin Smith (Zack and Miri Make a Porno, Clerks, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
- Sean Young (Blade Runner, Dune, No Way Out, Wall Street)
- Jim McBride (creator of Mr. Skin)
Check out the trailer below. Skin: A History of Nudity
Be Well…..Be Safe…..
“lego ergo scribo”