The newest political football is the refugees and all related items…..there is some statements that smack with historical context and yet supporters will not see the un-American activities and games being played. The refugees are the latest complex issue to be turned into a politicized mess to gain support from the mentally slow.
Personally, I do not like what is going on in this country…..Trump has gone a bit far…in my book……
Donald Trump went on MSNBC Monday to discuss issues related to the Paris terror attacks and ISIS, and he had some controversial ideas about steps he might take as president. “Well, I would hate to do it but it’s something you’re going to have to strongly consider,” Trump said when asked whether he would consider a plan similar to France’s interior minister’s promise to shut down “mosques where hate is preached,” CNN reports. Trump continued, “Some of the ideas and some of the absolute hatred is coming from these areas … The hatred is incredible. It’s embedded. The hatred is beyond belief. The hatred is greater than anybody understands.”
Trump had started out by discussing New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio’s decision to put a stop to a covert NYPD program that had previously carried out surveillance on Muslim communities. “You’re going to have to watch and study the mosques, because a lot of talk is going on at the mosques,” Trump said. “Under the old regime we had tremendous surveillance going on in and around the mosques of New York City.”
But wait there is more……..
Donald Trump voiced support Thursday evening for creating a mandatory database to track Muslims in the US—the latest in an escalating series of responses following the deadly attacks in Paris. “I would certainly implement that. Absolutely,” Trump said between campaign events in Newton, Iowa, according to video posted on MSNBC.com. He said Muslims would be signed up at “different places,” adding: “It’s all about management.” Asked whether registering would be mandatory, Trump responded: “They have to be.”
What’s next from these twats? Maybe a suggestion to make Muslims wear a large yellow crescent moon and star patch? (that sounds oddly familiar)….
Sounds all you Righties…all that sounds a bit unconstitutional to me…..but then when have you guys ever let the Constitution get in the way of a good fear?
I know this will not matter to those that have their minds made up and are thanking Jesus for the vote …..but just in case….the GOP God Ronnie Reagan has something to say……
Just in case there is any doubt, President Obama has explicit statutory authorization to accept foreign refugees into the United States. Under the Refugee Act of 1980, the president may admit refugees who face “persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion” into the United States, and the president’s power to do so is particularly robust if they determine that an “unforeseen emergency refugee situation” such as the Syrian refugee crisis exists.
This power to admit refugees fits within the scheme of “broad discretion exercised by immigration officials” that the Supreme Court recognized in its most recent major immigration case, Arizona v. United States. Indeed, in describing the executive branch’s broad authority to make discretionary calls regarding immigration matters, Arizona seemed to explicitly contemplate the circumstances that face President Obama today. The United States may wish to allow a foreign national to remain within its borders, the Court explained, because the individual’s home nation “may be mired in civil war, complicit in political persecution, or enduring conditions that create a real risk that the alien or his family will be harmed upon return.”
And then we have the out right lies about other Americans…..and the biggest liar is that twat Trump……..
Donald Trump is insisting he saw something on 9/11 that most Americans have apparently developed amnesia about. On Saturday, he told a rally in Alabama that he had “watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering” as the World Trade Center came down, the Guardian reports. The New York Times reports that he doubled down on the comments about cheering in “areas with large Arab populations” on ABC’s This Week on Sunday, even after George Stephanopoulos told him that police have said there was no such cheering. “It did happen, I saw it,” Trump said. “It was on television. I saw it,” he continued, adding that while “it might be not politically correct for you to talk about it,” it was “well covered at the time.” More:
- Trump’s remarks were widely condemned as simply untrue by both parties, NJ.com reports. “Clearly, Trump has memory issues or willfully distorts the truth, either of which should be concerning for the Republican Party,” said Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop, a possible Democratic candidate for governor.
- “I think if it had happened, I would remember it,” said NJ Gov. Chris Christie, per the Times.
- “It did not happen. He didn’t see it. But who’s there to challenge him on that?” wondered NBC’s Tom Brokaw, calling Trump’s statements “flat-out lies.”
- The Washington Post gives Trump’s claim four Pinocchios on a scale that does not go up to five, finding that while there were rumors of isolated celebrations in New Jersey, they were not covered on TV and no video or other proof exists. The police commissioner of Paterson, which has the state’s largest Muslim population, says the community was extremely helpful and law-abiding after the attacks. “There were no flags burning, no one was dancing,” he says, using what the Post calls a “barnyard epithet” to describe Trump’s claims.
- In the ABC interview, Trump also refused to rule out a mandatory database to track US Muslims and promised to bring back waterboarding, the Times reports.
- On Sunday, Trump tweeted what the Huffington Post calls a “chart of racist and wildly inaccurate crime statistics” that appears to be aimed at “perpetuating racist myths about black people and crime.” The numbers in the chart bear no relation to the FBI’s crime statistics, and the source is listed as the “Crime Statistics Bureau of San Francisco” which does not exist.
The Right wing talkers are doing a fine job of alienated American citizens…..look at over the weekend in Irvine, California armed protesters showed up at a mosque and threatened attending religious services….that is NOT what Americans do to fellow Americans…..this is MORONIC!
You dipshits realize you are doing what the bad guys want? They want alienated minority that makes for good recruiting…..and YOU are aiding in that effort.
You people are MORONS! Your kneejerk reactions are playing into the hands of those you are afraid of…..ever thought about thinking your little ideas through before acting?