I have spent some time in the Middle East…..first as a researcher/analyst for a Spanish newspaper and later as a resident for a couple of months in between jobs……I originally applied for a job at the UN Mission in Tunisia as an analyst but I was beaten out of the job by a guy that had many more letters after his name than I did.
During my studies on international relations and the Middle East I had to take courses in history of the region and a course on the Quran…the theory being to have a good perspective on the people and issues one must have knowledge of the Quran. (No I did not convert to Islam as some may think)……You see it is difficult to understand the region if one cannot understand the religion. I do not pretend to be an expert on the Quran…..but I do know enough to NOT condemn a religion because someone else has a hard on for it……
Now with the background out of the way……let us take a leap and say that the world wins this battle with ISIS and/or Al-Qaeda…..for a better Middle East, a more calm and prosperous Middle East there needs to be a few changes, according to some……..
All those that are demonizing Islam for whatever reason….I ask them….what do you want of Muslims?…..conversion to your “approved” religion or maybe just kill them all……
In closing….I have found that many who want to sound semi-intelligent when writing or talking about the Middle East and the problems always find these quotes from the Quran to justify their hatred…..especially when it comes to what they want to call jihad or the war against the West….first of all the modern jihad came into being in the 1940’s when the Muslim leader of Palestine called for it to try and stop the influx of Brits and Jews (that is as simply as I can put it…if someone wants a more detailed history lesson then I will provide upon request)…..
I have tried to not comment on all the hate speak against the Quran as the inspiration for the actions of ISIS and such groups……originally I posted that if one uses the Quran as the true words of God then Surah 63 should remove all doubt how the devout feel about these groups…..(at least to me…..)
al-Munafiqun (the hypocrites)
1. When the hypocrites come to you, they say, “We bear witness that you are God’s Messenger.” God knows that you are His Messenger, and God bears witness that the hypocrites are liars.
2. They treat their oaths as a cover, and so they repel others from God’s path. Evil is what they do.
3. That is because they believed, and then disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed, and they cannot understand.
4. When you see them, their appearance impresses you. And when they speak, you listen to what they say. They are like propped-up timber. They think every shout is aimed at them. They are the enemy, so beware of them. God condemns them; how deluded they are!
5. And when it is said to them, “Come, the Messenger of God will ask forgiveness for you,” they bend their heads, and you see them turning away arrogantly.
6. It is the same for them, whether you ask forgiveness for them, or do not ask forgiveness for them; God will not forgive them. God does not guide the sinful people.
If the only Muslim you know is on FOX News then please keep your bullsh*t comments to yourself…….