A killer tornado slashed through Moore, Oklahoma on 20 May…….if destroyed a lot of the same stuff that the tornado of 03 May 1999 trashed…….time for the country to step up and do that right thing for the victims….or should we play the same game that Congress played with the victims of Sandy?
If you recall the Repubs in Congress played a sickening game with the lives of people in New York and New Jersey……they held up disaster relief funds while playing politics……a thoroughly disgusting spectacle of partisan bullshit…….will that happen again? Hell NO! why? It is different because it is the home state of the biggest douche in Congress, Inhofe…….the same person that demanded that the funds for Sandy be tied to some sort of crap legislation of partisan origins……
Inhofe railed against the relief funds……
Inhofe said the Sandy Relief bill “was supposed to be in New Jersey,” but “they were getting things … in the Virgin Islands, fixing roads there, and putting roofs on houses in Washington, D.C.” Both Inhofe and Coburn voted to slash aid to victims of Hurricane Sandy, with Inhofe saying he considered the full proposed aid amount to be a “slush fund.”
While Northeastern states like New Jersey and New York suffered some of the worst damage from Hurricane Sandy, the storm affected 24 U.S. states in total during October of 2012. Sandy carved a destructive path from the Caribbean Sea to the Great Lakes, where it produced 25-foot waves in Lake Huron.
The Atlantic walks us through more of the supposed “pork” in the bill that conservatives were complaining about:
- $150 million for fisheries in Alaska damaged by the 2011 Japanese tsunami,which littered debris on Alaska’s shoreline
- $41 million to repair military bases damaged by Hurricane Sandy (including ,controversially, Guantanamo Bay)
- $13 billion for future flood preparations (that is, money that will not be spent on victims of Sandy but on preventing future, Sandy-scale disasters from occurring)
So those are all disaster relief, and disaster-related. One, the Alaskan one, is for a past disaster that wasn’t addressed, and should have been. So that’s not pork. The National Review has more of the GOP argument against the bill, but to call any of what they write about “pork” is simply bs.
Inhofe has said the the tornado damage is totally different from the Sandy damage…….yes, it was…..Sandy effected blue states and the tornado effected people who vote in Oklahoma…..
I can respect Oklahoma’s Coburn who was against Sandy legislation and has said about the tornado damage….
Oklahoma’s other stingy Republican Senator, Tom Coburn, is also in a bit of a pickle over tornado relief. Coburn has already said that any tornado relief bill must include cuts in the rest of the budget to pay for it, or he won’t support it.
Coburn may be stingy but at least he is NOT a screaming hypocrite like Inhofe……
This is all so typical of the hypocrites in Congress………those twats are a bad sitcom…..a joke around the world…..and it only gets worse year after year…….
I am waiting for my conserv readers to comment…….I want to hear the defense they will have for this douche…..I regret that I may be waiting and waiting……..it will most likely be a response written by Drudge or the like…..
Unless you are a hardcore stoner you are aware of the latest “scandal” making the rounds on the media outlets….the IRS targeting conserv non-profits……nothing new sports fans! Nixon used the IRS to target “radical Left” organizations and I would bet he was not alone…
Anyway, how many people even know what the faux scandal is all about? Answer–501(c)(4) or most commonly known as the social nonprofits.
I thought I would help my readers out and explain what the classification is all about……educate yourself and help defeat the misconceptions of the media and its ilk.
For a couple of months now we mere mortals have been bombarded with scandals……Benghazi was a scandal……IRS is a scandal…….AP is a scandal……we are over run with scandals……scandals to the Right….scandals to the Left…….
My problem with all this political theatrics is the word scandal……Watergate was a scandal……selling arms to Iran was a scandal…….missing WMDs was a scandal…..Sen. Vitter being found using a high price call girl service and he keeps his job is a scandal…..after all he is a criminal…..you took part in an illegal act….he is a criminal…..Let us not forget one Senator Ensign who used is position of power to get laid…..and he kept his job!
But if we are looking for “real” scandals…..how about the USS Liberty? I bet you are asking….what the HELL?
Let me refresh you memory……on June 8, 1967 a sigint ship, Liberty, was attacked by Israel in the Mediterranean….34 American sailors were killed…..and the prez, Johnson, pretty much covered it up and silenced the whole matter…..there could have been NO mistaken identity….the American flag was being flown and the sailors waved at the approving jets…..(check back on 08 June I post an interview I had with a sailor from that ship)….
But if you want a more recent event that could be called a scandal then look NO further than our comatose Congress…….we have all heard the days countdown presented by Repubs on how many days has passed without a budget from the Dems……I believe at last count it was somewhere around 1200 days……that may be true but the Repubs have NO right to point and mock……..why?
It has been approximately 900 days since there has been any effort to put Americans back to work by offering up a jobs bill. Now there is a scandal that we should be covering in the media…….
Or how about 37 votes to end a law while ignoring the plight of the country….you wanted scandals!
As long as we elect clowns we should expect a circus…they go hand in hand……
During the week I spend most of my time reading, writing and researching the various interests of mine, politics, economic and the Middle East, and to some it is all so much boring crap….but to me it gives my higher brain a chance to expand and educate…..and then there are the weekends…..this is the time I give my brain a rest and venture into the lesser intellectual world…and this week I sink into the lowest level of intellectual pursuit….SEX!
we have all been appalled with all the pedophilia associated with the Catholic Church…..condemnation from all parts of the world….but you see that the Catholic Church is not alone with sexual predators….
A leading evangelical Christian pastor has been arrested in a Rio suburb for the alleged rape of six women, including three minors, police said.
Marcos Pereira, who has been head of Brazil’s Assembly of God of the Latter Days church for the past 20 years, was detained late on Tuesday.
“He is accused of raping six women, including three under the age of 18,” police inspector Marcio Mendonca Dugubras on Wednesday.
The pastor, who made headlines by practicing collective exorcisms of drug addicts and prisoners whom he later converted in Rio jails in the 1990s, was jailed in a maximum security penitentiary in northern Rio.
Dugubras said that Pereira would tell his victims that they were possessed by the devil and therefore needed to have sex with a “holy” person.
The victims, all of them poor, consented, thinking that by doing so they “were ridding themselves” of their sins, Dugubras told reporters.
Police had been investigating the pastor for a year and said he might have raped 20 other women since 1998.
One of the victims, a member of Pereira’s church, was said to have been sexually abused from the age of 14 to 22.
Police said the pastor was also being probed for alleged involvement in drug trafficking, money laundering and homicide.
I am aways amazed at the lengths these types of ‘religious’ people will go to….in the name of God.
May I have your thoughts on this?
22 Facts That Prove That The Bottom 90 Percent Of America Is Systematically Getting Poorer – BlackListedNews.comPosted: 14 May 2013
The rich get richer, the poor get poorer….is not just a saying anymore!
In case you live in a vacuum or an experiment like Schrodinger’s cat ………..
I get all kinds of emails and this one is one of the best….10 things idiots did last week….from Think Progress War Room….
10 Crazy Things the Right Did This Week
Another week, another 10 helpings of crazy brought to by the right wing.
- Heritage Foundation puts out shoddy report claiming immigrants are takers not makers, conservatives pounce. In a remarkable display this week, the Heritage Foundation put out a study claiming that immigration reform will cost $6.3 TRILLION over the next ten years (Ed. note: it won’t). Immediately, conservatives like Grover Norquist and groups like the American Enterprise Institute and Cato stepped up to trash the report.
- Heritage Foundation report co-written by racist who has previously written for white nationalist websites. The co-author of the aforementioned report, Jason Richwine, wrote his PhD dissertation about how racial minorities like Hispanics have inherently lower IQs. In addition to these obviously racist views, he also wrote for a white nationalist website and appeared at a conference alongside a well-known white nationalist. Richwine resigned from Heritage late Friday afternoon. More to come tomorrow!
- Senator proposes ‘Downton Abbey amendment’ to immigration reform bill. Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) is an avowed enemy of immigration reform including a pathway to earned citizenship, but he appears to have found some jobs he approves of undocumented immigrants being allowed to have: domestic workers. Lee proposed an amendment to allow undocumented immigrants to be hired, but only as domestic workers, specifically including cooks, waiters, butlers, governessess, maids, valets, gardeners, footmen, grooms, and chauffeurs.
- Shadowy conservative group cuts ad featuring New Hampshire moms, except the moms turn out to be GOP activists. Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) has seen her standing with Granite Staters plummet since she voted against expanded background checks. AnIowa-based secret money group rode the rescue this week with an ad backing Ayotte that purported to show regular moms supporting her. It turns out these regular moms were actually regular GOP activists.
- House GOP stages Benghazi hearing, learns nothing new. House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) continued the GOP’s Benghazi witch hunt this week with a dramatic hearing. After the hearing, however, Issa admitted that the only thing we learned is that it was a terrorist attack — something President Obama acknowledged in the Rose Garden the day after the attack happened. In other words, we didn’t learn anything new at all as a result of the hearing. In fact, many of the GOP’s star witnesses actually debunked various right-wing conspiracy theories.
- GOP senate nominee claimed a $281,500 deduction that the IRS has referred to as a “tax scam.” Massachusetts GOP senate nominee Gabriel Gomez made an agreement with a local conservation association not to alter the facade of his historic home, something which earned him a $281,500 tax deduction. It turns out that he was already legally barred from making any changes. The IRS and Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) have both highlighted this practice as an egregious “tax scam.”
- Tea Party activist calls for armed march on Washington, D.C. A Tea Party radio host called for protesters carrying loaded rifles to cross into the District of Columbia, which has very strict gun laws, from Virginia. After the police indicated they would meet the gun-toting protesters at the D.C. line, the host then called for mass lawbreaking in addition to the armed gun march.
- GOP demands budget process then prevents said process from happening. For the past few years, the GOP has demanded that the Democratic-controlled Senate pass a budget and then confer with the House under the “regular order.” Democrats passed a budget in March, but now Senate Republicans are blocking Senate Democrats from starting an official conference committee with the House, since that would expose the GOP’s unwillingness to compromise. “I think for us to after four years of complaining about Harry Reid’s failure to bring up a budget and then we do one and block conference is something that’s incomprehensible,” said Sen. John McCain (R-AZ).
- Fox News brings on convicted cover-up expert to discuss alleged Benghazi cover-up. Following the aforementioned House GOP hearing on Benghazi, Fox News brought on Oliver North to discuss the alleged cover up. North himself was of course actually convicted of participating in the Iran-Contra cover-up.
- NRA makes some suspicious suggestions. At their national conference last weekend, the NRA suggested that parents store their firearms in their children’s rooms (in case of a home invasion). And the NRA’s youth magazine suggested that children build their own indoor, at-home shooting ranges.
Just thought I would keep everyone up to date on the happenings from the Right…..I will keep doing this every Monday as long as my readers appreciate it…….let me whatcha think.