For years we Americans were obsessed with everything Osama….he was the anti-Christ, the number one terrorist, public enemy #1….he was everything evil in the world and he was linked to lots of other things…….conspiracies, theories and a whole bunch of BS……
But all that came to an end about 4 years ago when he was killed by a SEAL with a big gun……..with his death we got a bunch of intel from his papers, notebooks and such…….the big story today is his bookcase, at least it is for the MSM……what sort of books did this evil person read?
The Office of the Director of National Intelligence yesterday released an “unprecedented number” of documents recovered in the raid on Osama bin Laden’s hideout in Abbottabad, Pakistan (among them: an al-Qaeda application and a warning about Iranian dentists). The ODNI also released a completed list of the 39 English-language books (though one is described as a “single saved webpage” and another as “only the book’s introduction) found there. The New York Times frames the bookshelf as a “weird hodgepodge.” The Guardian points out that the collection “bizarrely” includes a number of books by conspiracy theorists; one alleges George W. Bush had foreknowledge of 9/11. The full list is here, with 15 standouts below:
- A Brief Guide to Understanding Islam by I. A. Ibrahim
- America’s Strategic Blunders by Willard Matthias
- Al-Qaeda’s Online Media Strategies: From Abu Reuter to Irhabi 007 by Hanna Rogan
- Black Box Voting, Ballot Tampering in the 21st Century by Bev Harris
- Bloodlines of the Illuminati by Fritz Springmeier
- Christianity and Islam in Spain 756-1031 AD by C. R. Haines
- Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins
- Handbook of International Law by Anthony Aust
- Hegemony or Survival: America’s Quest for Global Dominance by Noam Chomsky
- Necessary Illusions: Thought Control in Democratic Societies by Noam Chomsky
- New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions about the Bush Administration and 9/11 by David Ray Griffin
- Obama’s Wars by Bob Woodward
- Oxford History of Modern War by Charles Townsend
- Rogue State: A Guide to the World’s Only Superpower by William Blum
- The US and Vietnam 1787-1941 by Robert Hopkins Miller
Most Americans could care less what he was reading……but me I found it interesting…….He seem to have a varied taste in reading material which shows he was not an idiot……but the one question that NO one has asked is ……why would a fundamentalist Muslim, a Wahhabi, need a book entitled……”A Brief Guide To Understanding Islam”? I find that an interesting choice of reading material.
That book and its reason for being there would make an interesting story……at least I believe so.
The scary part is that I have also read a few of the same books as Osama…..so is that he has good taste in books or am I just a radical in waiting? LOL